Skip to main content
Topic: My tribute car to my wife and son (Read 12667 times) previous topic - next topic

My tribute car to my wife and son

Reply #15
nice work man.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #16
Nice story and a beautiful car. I don't say this to many guys, but I'd really like to see your back seat... (God, I feel dirty just typing that)...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #17
Looks great!

Reply #18
Wow, that is CLEAN!! Excellent job, a fitting tribute. As mentioned above, more pics required....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #19
Oh and are the headlights just smoked covers?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #20
some more pictures. Sorry about the quality but it is dark and so many people want more so I am to please

some more

Reply #21
The cancer ribbon lights up blue. It is pretty cool. Both sides by the rear window is a ribbon, one has my sons name and the other has my wife's name. The painter did an outstanding job on the paint. It is a mix of House of color pearl.

I am very happy with the response I have recieved from you all. It makes me pround to be in the service(Navy) and part of this site. Thanks to all of you for the support

Mike

Reply #22
just smoked covers

Reply #23
That is awesome, really nice job!
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #24
So very sorry for your losses. Most would crumble under such hardship. But you have risen above, and have made a lasting tribute to them both. I'm sure they are both more than proud!
5 Mopars, an S-197, and the Turbo Twinkie[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #25
I like the ribbons! Interior looks great too. Have you thought about getting some TC/Sport/XR-7 seats for the front? They are alot more comfortable then the base seats. I wish the ones I have werent red or I would have swapped them.

Where did you find the covers?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #26
Interesting color, As an ex. squid carry on.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #27
very cool car... my cat spent her first 9 years in hawaii too, the weather must be good to them there :)

i really like the cupholders in the back seat, what did you use to frame it?

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #28
Beautiful car. Very Nice execution of a tribute, I'd be proud to have that car tributed to me.

Looks to be the same color as my girlfriend's step dads nova

Tangerine Dream is what we call that color.

Reply #29
Great Looking car.

Sorry to hear about your loss(s)

Were are you stationed now???

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout: