Skip to main content
Topic: Bought a modified '88 Turbo Coupe (Read 9529 times) previous topic - next topic

Bought a modified '88 Turbo Coupe

88 turbocoupe just finished. has the 2.3 turbo motor.everything has been redone basically. motor was checked over before build up and everything was good.  Head was ported, new valves, springs and guides and all that stuff.  Ranger roller cam with followers.  Intakes have been gutted and knife edged, felpro 1035 head gasket with new head bolts, stainless header with a dodge 5.9 diesel turbo also known as a holset, turbosmart external wastegate, custom downpipe to a 3" custom magnaflow exhaust exiting behind passenger rear tire, ranger rad, electric fan, custom intercooler piping that has been heat wrapped, volvo front mount intercooler, turbosmart boost controller set at 12lbs for now, body is in good shape but does have a couple spots that are starting to show.  Paint is great and shines really good.  Floors are in great shape since these things usually rotted out.  Has a 5 bolt swap using sn95 parts, 4 wheel disc brake with sn95 rear brakes, braided flex lines up front, 2000 gt rims with a 245/45/17 up front and a 275/45/17 in the rear.  Has 2000 gt suspension in it witch lowered it quite a bit.  Car pulls really hard at 3700rpm for its size and weight.interior is really good shape and blue/grey in colour,all power options work.  this car wasnt built to be pretty just to go fast

I offered $4000 cash, and am waiting to see if he accepts it.  Is it worth it?

Reply #1
4000 cash, yeah I'd say so. That's pretty nice!

Reply #2
I met that guy once ron,he asked me about my TC when i seen him at the local sunoco.
I think he owns or works at dream tire right near my work.
He used to have a twin turbo mustang and seems to build some decent rides.
I doubt he'll take 4000 but maybe a trade plus cash for the capri???
Seems well worth it even for what he's asking, as long as the body and floors are basically rust free.

Reply #3
Friggin Sweet. 

I'd go as high as 5K on that easy.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #4
Looks like a well put together ride...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
Thats a nice TC..
1988 Cougar LS 5.0 (currently parting out):cougarsmily:
1989 Mustang LX Notch 2.3 (Project):ford:

Reply #6
Thats a nice TC. Out of curiosity did he replace the rod bolts with ARP ones? From what I understand that is one of the weak points on a TC bottom end.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #7
Thats a nice TC. Out of curiosity did he replace the rod bolts with ARP ones? From what I understand that is one of the weak points on a TC bottom end.

yes actually I believe he did, because he had one let go on him, that is why he redid the motor.
He'll give me a deal and give it to me for $4400....

Not sure if I should do it or not....  Found a really nice '88 5.0L Tbird on Kijiji that has never seen winters, with a body kit on it that I have never seen before....  half the price too.  I think I will grab that one, just waiting for them to return my call.

Reply #8
Buy The Tc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #9
Bah get the TC. You'll have alot more fun with it. Besides you already have a 5.0 lol.
85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost

Reply #10
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;223437
yes actually I believe he did, because he had one let go on him, that is why he redid the motor.
He'll give me a deal and give it to me for $4400....

Not sure if I should do it or not....  Found a really nice '88 5.0L Tbird on Kijiji that has never seen winters, with a body kit on it that I have never seen before....  half the price too.  I think I will grab that one, just waiting for them to return my call.

PICS of this 5.0 please.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #12
I like the tc too, I was just thinking of painting my cougar that color yesterday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #13
The 5.0L is nice as well but for the extra bit of dough the Tc is fully loaded and has alot of quality work done to it.

Reply #14
You have the Capri with the 5.0 so why not get the TC with the 2.3 it will save a little gas.

Honestly I would try and get your blue Bird back if you want a 5.0 Bird again.
1986 Cougar LS