Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look (Read 36301 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look

Reply #195
NIIIIIIICE. Yup fix that door when ya got the funds bro. Like all the emblems, and the wheels are KILLER.

Get a pic or two from the angle of front driver's side corner, but turn the front wheels so the face of the wheel faces the camera not the tire tread! I wanna see it like that :D it'll look even better.

That's gonna turn some heads for sure...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #196
After the Test Drive the other day mechanics said it should run 12s on a good day maybe 13s on a bad day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #197
First thing I said when I saw the first pic was  SON! It looks amazing out in the light. I dont mean to be harsh after a compliment but now you can see all the body flaws. It looks like the car has been a DD for about 4 years. The paint inside the front of the door is chipping. But like you said it was rushed.

Still looks amazing. The rims really make it all come together. I really Like it. Never thought it was going to look that good with the black. What happened to the bumper?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #198
Quote from: DVP;239632
First thing I said when I saw the first pic was  SON! It looks amazing out in the light. I dont mean to be harsh after a compliment but now you can see all the body flaws. It looks like the car has been a DD for about 4 years. The paint inside the front of the door is chipping. But like you said it was rushed.

Still looks amazing. The rims really make it all come together. I really Like it. Never thought it was going to look that good with the black. What happened to the bumper?

x2

Reply #199
Wow! and those wheels def make the car!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #200
The front bumper was screwed up when i got the car just like the door and back bumper and back 2 fenders.

Thanks guys the wheels do help the look of the car a lot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #201
ive got a spare bumpercover layin around for a 87-8 cougar...

[end sales pitch]

looks good man

Reply #202
If I were gonna paint a car cheap, I'd still spend $100 dollars at the pick and pull...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #203
Black jack got a T-Bird one 2? laying around.

The pictures i take do not show off the front bumper so its okay.

What CHE set-ups are you guys running on the back of your cars?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #204
Carpimp1987, me likey!  I do confess, I like the first set of rims better than the one on your most recent pics... but wow, that colour scheme does seem to work... it grew on me :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #205
Could you get a couple more angles of the car?

Reply #206
Well I think the car is AMAZING
like they said a little more time and you coulda have mad a show car out of it, but regardless, Its your car, It looks friggen sweet
Be proud!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #207
It does look good. ALot better then I thought it would. If it doesn't bother you, don't let us bug you. Do your thing.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #208
Thanks i will do lots more stuff to it hell its still a showcar form a few feet back.

More pictures in like a week or so getting a Tach with a shift light since my stock tach does not work.

Gotta Go you guys take it easy and keep fixing up your cars as well everyones got their own style Even if your in mid project just make sure and have a overall concept for when its done so that way you don't gotta be mad when you got something half way done or more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #209
only bird one i have isnt going anywhere cause its on mine lol

just the cats nose. header panel and all.