Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look (Read 36553 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look

Reply #210
How much do you want for if i ever need a Spare?

Spot #2 on Cardomain Sorry i always wanted to be ranked up there even if its short lived but i got lots more work to do.

Got all the gauges and panels and colors for the inside picked out and the green battery is getting replaced with a optima red top.

The car as far as looks is only half way done I build cars for me since i drive them and don't plan on selling them. love it or hate it i want this car done because T-Bird project is also fully designed and ready to go if the Cat is at least paided off and mostly done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

in no particular order

Reply #211
- tint the windows
- change to grey, blue, or black interior color(s)
- tell that guy with baseball cap in post #194 the visor should be centered over the face
- lower the car front and rear
- lookin' good so far
- when taking 3/4 pics from the front, turn the front wheels so the car is 'turning away' from the photographer
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #212
Quote from: t3skidoo;239885
- tint the windows
- change to grey, blue, or black interior color(s)
- tell that guy with baseball cap in post #194 the visor should be centered over the face
- lower the car front and rear
- lookin' good so far
- when taking 3/4 pics from the front, turn the front wheels so the car is 'turning away' from the photographer

I'll add....Maybe fix/replace the front windshield?  It appears cracked in the photo below...

-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #213
So why did you rush to get it painted??

Leaving bodywork like that just kind of makes it looked half-assed.

The color scheme isn't too bad, but I think you should have waited a bit and had the blemishes fixed first.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #214
Quote from: Chuck W;239890

Leaving bodywork like that just kind of make it looked half-assed.

The color scheme isn't too bad, but I think you should have waited a bit and had the blemishes fixed first.

X2 the paint looks good but it would have been so much better if it wasnt rushed and all the problems were worked out

Reply #215
everytime I see that front pic, it makes me sea sick....  I BET he doesnt have the pics that show the bad parts of the car on car domain.....

Maybe I should sign the guest book and add the link to this thread... ;)  then we will see a better (more realistic) ranking

as I said carpimp... your car looks good from 20 feet, not up close though...( just like my blue bird...)  no such thing as a nice "show car" from 20feet...  unless you go to honda meets all the time...  I wish I could take a close look at this car in person...

to be honest, the more I look at the car, the more I like that paint scheme....  2 thumbs up for that...

Reply #216
Quote from: Chuck W;239890

Leaving bodywork like that just kind of makes it looked half-assed.

Quote from: Vbelisle;239895
X2 the paint looks good but it would have been so much better if it wasnt rushed and all the problems were worked out

Been saying it all along....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #217
#1 i have seen my T-Bird who knows how long the front end is gonna last anyway

#2 new front window will be added soon after its out of the shop

#3 i got enough $2 bills to cover to TINT waiting on check form work to put car on insurance to drive it over to get the windows tinted.

#4 today i am getting Disc Brakes for the back off a 96 Mustang sure is better than drums

#5 the paint was cheap and i got it painted by someone that it was there 1st full car to paint

#6 the car is lowered in the front has UPR coilover kit the back is the part that needs to be lowered. which is why i will get some CHE stuff and lower the back later.

#7 Clear Corner lights and optima red top battery coming soon so no more Green or Orange. Also the inside colors will be changed and will look nicer at a later date.

#8 Other than one Orange and Black and Sliver Cougar with a Turbo for a custom look and a nice red Kenne Bell SC red cougar and my XR7 do i really see more than 3 nice V8 Poweradder Cougars

#9 I don't have a real great job since "fast food" is sometimes looked down on and i don't do the work myself 9 times out of 10

#10 Still getting used to having 2 cars and trying to keep both going and still fix them both up at the same time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #218
Every last picture posted on here is on my cardomain

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3060442

Go look because after my few years in the car world i don't care to hide stuff i just don't like to Focus on it which is why i never took the picture of the front bumper but i sitll posted the  thing for the hell of it.

The 2 T-Birds and the Cougar XR7 stand out theres no way to hide them or do i have any reason to i don't care if you guys say good or bad stuff because i am proud of my cars and have a overall goal for each one and try to do the right thing fixing them up and keeping them in a better than stock shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #219
Quote from: Carpimp1987;239914
#8 Other than one Orange and Black and Sliver Cougar with a Turbo for a custom look and a nice red Kenne Bell SC red cougar and my XR7 do i really see more than 3 nice V8 Poweradder Cougars

ok so let me see if I understand you...

because you have a supercharger you car is "nicer" then say Erics?  because he doesnt have a blower?  big deal, I could go out tomorrow and throw a Vortech V1 SC on mine...  Have a chance to but not the route I am going, since CJ I have noticed it is becoming WAY too common... 

how bout Ed's car (1FAST CAT):flip:
He has a very nice power adder car...

PS:
mind showing us that Dyno sheet that proves the 501hp you claim on Cardomain?

Reply #220
Meh. 

BTW, I saw another 88 Cougar XR-7 with the same paint scheme today!  It was on turbines, and real dirty....

The wheels really make a difference.  I like it, but I have to agree that it needs the interior swap. 

A job is a Job, as long as you can pay the bills.  So I say whatever.

Clear corners will look great I think. 

I think he meant that he doesn't see many nice cougars with a Power Adder around.  While becoming more common, there still aren't (that) many of them.  Honestly, i don't either.  Around here, I'm lickey to see one with Quarters that are still intact.  My bird is pretty rough, but is one of the nicest examples I've seen around.  After the last "Twisties" cruise, it definitely got more respect.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #221
I was on the fence about the paint scheme, but I think I like it. You chose colors that compliment each other well. The attention to detail is lacking, though.

Quote from: Carpimp1987;239914

That's a ballsy thing to say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #222
Quote from: cougarcragar;239940
That's a ballsy thing to say.

+1  There's a couple of all motor guys that post on rare occasions (small blocks no less) that would most likely own you on a track.
THeir sheetmetal is straight too.

Go look because after my few years in the car world i don't care to hide stuff i just don't like to Focus on it

I sincerely hope that you do not take that view when it comes to maintenance on the vehicle.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #223
Oh and V8 demon erics is a older model so when i said that thing i was only thinking about 1987-1988 Cougars sorry and if you got a 2.3 liter Turbo car those are nice but i was just thinking V8 poweradder 87-88 cougars. Erics cougar is still in my top 5 for 80s models.

Waiting on my check to put insurance on the car and to Dnyo it will be $99. I think it should have like 400RWHP+ so i just put 501 the car has only been on 2 or 3 drives with the blower on it just to put gas in the car so i am not gonna dyno it untill i get some miles on it and get everything tuned out a little bit better.

theres a 4.6 mustang GT with a prochager at the shop that has 500RWHP some 15 year old kid took it for a test drive and melted the heas and screwed up the car as soon as its off the lift i get my 96 mustang brakes on Subfame connectors and driveshaft safety loop and chrome diff cover. Then i might be able to take it out to drag strip and race it.

Quote:
Go look because after my few years in the car world i don't care to hide stuff i just don't like to Focus on it 

I sincerely hope that you do not take that view when it comes to maintenance on the vehicle.

V8 demon i can walk to work in 13mins if my cars get messed up i will not even put a mile on my car if its bad enough that one thing could mess up another. I don't even drive the  things till i get them fixed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #224
click this link for video

heres 3 quick pics of the napa red painted stuff and tach and gauge bezel also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]