Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look (Read 37201 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look

Reply #120
The paint is over 50% done the top is blue and sliver is next all the door jams and trunk inisde and out and hood are painted so it should turn out fine except somebody did hit a FREAKING Mailbox on the passanger side fender and it could only be fixed some much.

Thanks V8 demon for reminding me i need to sign into SBFtech and go look around.

Also off topic but on the topic of respect i just got the modified mustangs magazine with someones nice sliver 1988 Turbocoupe looks great i will read it later but i had to buy it just for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #121
Quote from: V8Demon;238342
The harm is in running both....one or the other is the way to go.  As stated, it can cause lean conditions at idle/part throttle.
In most N/A applications; it's usually best to leave the PCV in place.  In forced induction applications this is not always the best choice.
An option could be 2 open breathers OR you could even go so far as to use an evac kit such as this:  http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/25900/10002/-1#  Emission compatibility becomes an issue at that point, however.  I'm not sure I would run a pan-evac on a car with catalytic converters in place.  That's a situation in which blow-by becomes a fire hazard.

You can even use a smog pump or air pump in more radical setups.  The trick is finding a good pump that will live at high RPM's or play with pulley sizes to keep it from spinning too fast.

Here's an excellent write-up on the different types of systems:

http://people.msoe.edu/~lannanm/TECH_pcvsystem.html

And some more learning here as well:  http://people.msoe.edu/~lannanm/techarticles.html

Also from SBFTech.com

Thanks for the good reading.

Reply #122
Quote from: xjeffs
Thanks for the good reading.

Anytime ;)

Quote from: Carpimp1987
Thanks V8 demon for reminding me i need to sign into SBFtech and go look around.

I was over there earlier today and noticed all the NEW sponsor adds (on top of the old ones still in place)....I just shook my head....Gonna be a little harder to find non-biased info over there now....If you want correct info quickly from a good source over there you can PM Thumper460.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #123
Anyone say anything about the Big Bolts on the intake pipe for the SC?

So V8 Demon you think i can ask him about the set-up on my car i will sign on SBFtech and send him a PM in the next day or so.

Also the head panel and grill should come in next week for the T-bird and i got 2 Chrome Cobra Rs for $100 and 3 tires if i want for $10 each anyone here want to buy a set of 2000-2002 Mustang GT wheels?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #124
So V8 Demon you think i can ask him about the set-up on my car i will sign on SBFtech and send him a PM in the next day or so.

I'd ask him or tmoss....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #125
The paint is done 2 coats of clear and the blue then sliver and more blue and the grill and hood scoops and mirrors are black.

car is being wet sanded right now so everything might not be put back on yet like tail lights and grill and so on but i will try to give you guys a update pic tomorrow it looks good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #126
Well shiznit.

The Captain America road barge lives again......

I'm almost afraid to ask, and I'll get banned, but I want to see pics.

Mabey its morbid curiosity, or mabey its the same twisted sense of curiosity that makes me watch scary movies......but I want to see:punchballs: :wtf:
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #127
I want to see pics too... Not sure what its going to look like so Ill wait and see.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #128
Its the 2 tone paint job that fits our cars maybe not the colors for that to each their own but with the side trim removed and the colors and wheels the XR7 looks better with its clean lines than i could of ever thought.

Note: i know in my mind 90%+ how the car will look but in whatever part of the project there at when i go take pics it will at least give you some idea of how it will look in the end "since its still being wetsanded".

pics tomorrow maybe middle of the day or sooner

Also swapping out the TC wheel out of the wrecked car on my T-bird and getting 2 Chrome Cobra Rs tomorrow for it so a few T-Bird pics tomorrow as well time to make both cars a little nicer on my day off.

P.S. Birdman maybe so but this time its got a few Thousand dollars worth of extras and more power more boost more looks and should handle and shift better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #129
I can't wit to see the car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #130
Like I've said before, I may not share your taste in color schemes, but it seems like performance-wise you are headed in the correct direction.  After the Cougar is done I want to see some 1/4 times!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #131
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]Dnyo numbers and 1/4 times will come if i get a chance to go out to the track this year but at least Dnyo #s soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #132
Wow.  I actually like this.  As long as it keeps looking like this, I may change my opinion of your color choices!

NO RED.  This looks great!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #133
The inside seats will be redo next year and the brake upgrade and SEQ tail lights.

Also dnyo in the next 2 months maybe some 1/4 times and maybe a magazine picture or so would be nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #134
Looks good. You are moving along nicely. Congrats.