Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look (Read 37197 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Two Tone Cougar XR7 VORTECH V-1 NEW pics page 25 go look

Reply #150
is there a dent in the drivers door or is that just a reflection....other than that i like it looks better than how you described it

Reply #151
Looks real good carpimp I like the way it was done... The only thing I would of left was the trim between the wheel wells and th ebumpers looks kinda odd having the bumpers just end like that... Great job....
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Reply #152
Lookin great!  It should look awesome when it's done.

Reply #153
Quote from: cougar1car;239053
The only thing I would of left was the trim between the wheel wells and the bumpers looks kinda odd having the bumpers just end like that...

x2... what the hell is it with you and leaving a job half done?  put that section back and that would look really nice, but it looks incomplete without those pieces....

Reply #154
WHy are the door handles chrome?  What happened to the originals?

Somehow when I look at it I can't help but think of Starsky and Hutch.

Reply #155
Those wheels(while i'm sure only temporary) gotta go.

Reply #156
GT500 rims black and chrome are going back on and the chrome door handles are off the wrecked T-bird car got them off 50resto.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #157
so..... why did you guys leave a couple of big dents in the driverside door before you painted it?

Reply #158
Looks good pimp, is that  a tc hood or just the vents?
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #159
Becuase i paided less than it would cost at MACCO to do the whole car with 2 coats or clear and paint and trim black everything and the door and trunk jams. i got the paint 50% off and for a 1st paint job it turned out good the body work on the car was past the point of fixing it all 100% and it was just a $500 SHELL to put my motor and everything else back in.

So they don't paint cars and they don't do body work Except my car and the main money was spent on the heads and roller rockers and MSD box and rebulit trans and new 2500stall and QA1 k-member and UPR coil over kit GT500 rims with NT555 and NT555R in the back i got a new raditor and water pump and engine gasket set and blower gaskets C&C plates ETC so i spent the money where it needed to be spent not on making it Flawless.

Masscougarxr7 The TC hood came with my 88 T-bird when i got it so since it needed to be painted it went on the XR7 since i could not get a spoiler that would look right for it i thought the hood might stand out insted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #160
I mean I dunno nothin but those kinda look like you could pull off the door panel and pop em right out from the inside. Just a thought. Dont seem deep enough that the paint would flake off either.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #161
Just a thought but I dont see why you would pa for all this work and then at the end start to cut corners. $50o shell... ok? You dumped alot of time and money into i so why would you give up now? Fender wouldnt be that hard to find and what happened with doors from your wreck? It just doesnt make sense to do a half ass job now. I think the Black handles would have flowed better with the mirrors and scoops. IMO.

Its your car so whatever you want to do or not do atleast its still going to be fast.... as long as you didnt half ass anything there...
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #162
My mechanic does engine work and not body work or paint so there is nothing really half done there.

I wanted a T-Bird in the 1st place so really all the XR7 was to me was a $500 Shell. The reason i don't do much of the work myself is on big ticket items i get a few breaks and if i work all the overtime i can it won't take long to pay off labor and all the parts are paided for so really i just makesure the shop always got something to work on and be proud of and bring them more bussiness.

My old 87 T-bird cost more in Labor than this whole project and the price i paided for my new 88 T-Bird is cheaper than the labor to build it.

Life is short and its better to have everylast part and labor hour on paper and covered then do it myself for right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #163
Quote from: Carpimp1987;239166
My mechanic does engine work and not body work or paint so there is nothing really half done there.

um heres a wake up call for you... letting a mechanic paint it instead of a body man... IS HALF ASSED!

you have nice shiny paint, at least in the pics.... but you stil have all the dings and dents in the body.....  that is like just paintting over rust bubbles...  sure it will look good from 20 ft away... (or in pics....) but in person it is a different story, which is what Im betting this car looks like...

people will judge a car by its paint job, as they walk around it, not by the amount of money you spent on labour

not trying to tear you apart as you finally have a car that doent look too bad in pics, but still man...  I painted my Bird in my back yard, and I am not a body man, but I still fixed all the dings and dents first, and added that scoop in the fender...  you dont have to be liscanced to pull off a PROPER job...

Reply #164
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;239172
um heres a wake up call for you... letting a mechanic paint it instead of a body man... IS HALF ASSED!

Everyone on this forum likes to get under his skin and its getting old.

Some people have multiple talents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication