Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37513 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #195
Quote from: Carpimp1987 -- this is from 2 separate posts
raced a new black mustang gt 2006+ form like a 55mph roll and was sitting side by side with his car for like over 5 secs and the front end picked up on the stang and it was sitting a fender and fender race for awhile and when he finally was starting to pass me it was a few more secs before he even got a full car on me.

Also went in a ride in a 13 sec SVT ford focus then i took him for a ride in my T-Bird we both where thinking the mustang was gonna kick my ass but my car kept up and we both where wrong. Car takes off fast from a dead stop but i did not think it had that much mid range and top end.

ran it 6 times 16.30 being best and 16.45 being worse also end of the night ran it 4 times in a row so at least i know the car runs the same no matter how much i race it.

but i will try and get it paided off by the end of this year or sooner. So i can mod it a little bit.

Unless the Stang driver was not experienced or he was messin with ya.....then yeah

Sorry aint happening.....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #196
Not liking those wheels on there at all ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Reply #197
what were your 60' times?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #198
Actually I like those rims on there......ALOT.  I had someone do a photochop of em on my car on the board when they first came out.

I do believe if you stick with that silver and blue paint scheme it will look real good.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #199
X2
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #200
it was prolly a v-6 with duels...

Just so you know car pimp, I don't live at home and I worked 72 hours last week without counting Monday(memorial day) last week, and I'm broke as shiznit. Its alot different when you actually leave home.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #201
Sorry had been up there for like 2 weeks. You not helping me be a laid back person and before i edited this it was a long post so sorry if anyone had spent the time to read all of what was here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #202
Just put this on my mirror got 1 for the XR7 also my sisters in germany for like 3 weeks so i can't take pics for awhile of either car but i should have some good pics whenever i get the camera back.

Sister got back so i got to take a picture of the mirror decal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #203
lol nice!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #204
guess you will never have to worry about anybody in your mirrors then, they will all be in front of you!  LOL J/K/ :D.....  maybe. ;)

Reply #205
ITS more for the Cougar XR7 since it should be making over 400RWHP on low or stock boost but still fun for the DD.

The TC 8.8 rearend is making noise so i gotta take the one of my wrecked T-Bird and swap them out soon also taking out the amp board to clean up the trunk and make it a little more sound proof.

Anyone pay much attention to the Shelby Redline GT500s i was thinking a TC hood and TC nose and TC front bumper with fog lights and those GT500 wheels and add my old spoiler and 2 red racing stripes and the side stripes for the mustang its another $1,500 tagged on the price tag also comes in black with red stripes but just a idea i got about 10 to think about or change around a little bit for right now but i got 1 year to make up my mind and do something about the paint and body and wheels.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #206
I changed my idea once more on the paint and them for the car but i will not tell you guys for it will make some mad but it will be Black and white 2 tonethats all i can say for now.

Heres pics of BBK pulleys i had to take them off the old car the alterntor pulleys is the one that came with it and the BBK is the only one left on my engine going into the XR7.

Heres 3 new pictures hope you like
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #207
Black and white?Maybe it'll look good as long as it's not black with white stripes.That would look like a skunk.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #208
Well it has to do with where there colors split and where there will be 2 different styles of the new GT500 wheels and the embelms will be 2 different colors.

So when it comes down to it all it has to do with is a One of a Kind T-Bird that will have to different sides to it and the looks will be close on each side but slighty different. Also it has to do with breaking the rules of car design and making something not 100% new but still has not been done down to every detail i plan on doing.

P.S. Haystack i gotta move out in like 6 or 7 months but hopefully its not as bad as you say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #209
OH JESUS.  He's going to do the whole mustang type half and half he posted up a while ago......

*click*  Unsubscribed!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.