Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37948 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #210
Don't do the split paint job!!!!! Step away from the whole paint idea and gather your thoughts.I repeat,DO NOT DO IT !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #211
it's his car. let him do what he wants.

besides, it makes our cars look that much better! :D
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #212
i think that it looks fine the way it is but its his car

Reply #213
theres small spots of paint missing everywhere and a the paints tore on the rear bumper and a 2inch black gash on one of the sides and a faded bumper sticker which might have more paint missing under it if 20 years is not long enough for a car to get a new paint job.

Also had this idea for over the last month or so this maybe news to you guys but the only reason i think i want to paint it like that and the 30+ ideas before it where no good along with the other 20+ ideas i had for my 87 T-bird so with over 50 plus themes paint wheels and tires and body work this is the most simple to paint and easy to live with paint job i can think of along with the wheels and tires.

You can't keep a all black car clean also you can't keep soild chromes wheels clean so the car should look 50% clean all the time and the other half of the time i gotta wash the car good or at least spend more time cleaning one side.

Can't you be happy its not Red,White, and Blue and i want 2 colors insted of 3 and the cougar will be sliver and blue 2 tone as well.

Its not my car yet but i should have it paided off soon with the cougar XR7 being almost done in the next 2 months or so i gotta have something else to work on.

Sorry vinne i got the car pictured in my mind all done down to engine and body and wheels and tires the detail is down to every last bolt and drop of paint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #214
Well,get after it,and post progress pics.Good luck,and I hope it turns out great.I hope to get mine painted someday.I still can't find a fender.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #215
Quote from: vinnietbird;225843
Well,get after it,and post progress pics.Good luck,and I hope it turns out great.I hope to get mine painted someday.I still can't find a fender.

step away from the crack pipe vinnie, that paint scheme was hideous on the stang and it will be the same on the bird.  fox bird is right, he makes our cars look better everyday.:mullet:

Reply #216
No crack pipe here.I just decided to let "Pimp" make his own mind up.Sometimes,you just have to learn the hard way.LOL.I still support the car,not necessarily the paint scheme.

Reply #217
A car with paint is better than a car with rust or missing paint.

But vinne can't find a fender and i can't find a painter so i think it might take awhile before we get ours cars painted.

I did see a all black 2005+ Mustang GT with black bullet rims and blackouts and some Green racing stripes and the only other newer stang in town that looks that good is the new Green Bullit stang up at the dealership. Also some other guy has a blue stang with a red and a yellow stripe down the middle and a superman sticker on the back it looks good just always wanted to ask the guy why it was like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #218
If you had the car repainted white,with the black trim,it would look great.As it looks in the pics,,it's a nice sleeper.

Reply #219
Quote from: vinnietbird;225981
If you had the car repainted white,with the black trim,it would look great.As it looks in the pics,,it's a nice sleeper.

X2

Reply #220
it would look a thousand times better then any other idea he has in his head, but as they say...  its his car, let him ruin it if he wants...  :hick:

Reply #221
Well i did have the idea of caddy preal white with the little green flakes in it and paint all the trim white.

As they say thunderbirds are slow so any one that runs and runs good is a sleeper no matter what color it is even the lime green ones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #222
Then grab yourself some touch up paint and 300-600 grit sandpaper and scuff the bad spots and fix them.  No one will be able to tell without really looking close.  Then cover with some restoring wax and it should be pretty good.
Long time Turboford freak...
84 SVO
88 TC
87 XR4Ti

Reply #223
Thanks man i will if i get some time to with my new job i might be able to have more free time for my cars and me and my friends.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #224
Some people don't have "paint schemes"  or "themes" or "designs".  In my personal opinion, the best looking cars have solid colors, but good quality paint.  If your car is straight and you get it done right, it will be just as impressive as a crazy paint scheme.

BUT, I do respect your right to make your car YOURS, the way YOU like it.