Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37534 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #225
Thanks man i gotta have a T-bird again where everyone knows who it is but right now it still looks nice enough to stop by car shows and what not. As far as 1 color is easy but 2 colors is a little bit harder to do right and 3 colors can be done right but is to much for most people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #226
Used my old spoiler and deck lid off the old car also has Acspoogeat under it so makes for a nice ride with a little less noise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #227
2 more pics plus my 95 cent Navi system new job they hold back my check a week and i really can't do anything till the monday after next except fill the car up and drive it to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #228
And it begins....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #229
I was going to say that.I can hear that old song by the Carpenters in my head......."we've only just begun............"
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #230
well it had a good run
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #231
Vinne is right i think i can get the car painted and body work and the paint and other stuff all done for under $550 or close to that. So do i care what the banks car looks like hell no as long as its not rusting or missing paint Should get it painted maybe start of next year.

The car used to have a 347 and run 12s now its got a 302 and runs good but no where near what is used to so i got to upgrade the whole  motor and repaint the car and change out some stuff at least get the car running 14s or 13s. But if it still had the 347 i am not sure if i could of got it so cheap.

I know how the car will look when its done in my mind so i could careless what it looks like now the car is only half way done or less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #232
Well,I have to say,even the wrecked carpimpmobile looked better than mine does right now.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #233
Quote from: vinnietbird;229291
Well,I have to say,even the wrecked carpimpmobile looked better than mine does right now.LOL.

Vinnie,You got any pics of your car? I'm new around here and never did see it.

Reply #234
Vinne sorry my wreck car loooks better than yours right now but i am sure yours will be nice again soon.

Next thing i am going to add my old MSD cap and Ford Racing Plug Wires off my old wrecked car.

Then use my old 150 watt amp and a set of brand new tweeters and put them in the middle of the mirror covers inisde the doors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #235
Quote from: Carpimp1987;229331
Vinne sorry my wreck car loooks better than yours right now but i am sure yours will be nice again soon.

Oh,no apologies needed.My Sport will be probably the best looking Bird here.LOL.Seriously,I have some cool plans for the Sport,and I think it will make everyone proud.The exhaust will be very unique,and I have a few more plans as well.As far as pics go,I'll take a couple this evening or in the morning and try to get them posted.If ONE person laughs,I'm going to drive to wherever you are and kick your A$$.LOL.Actually,if you didn't have pity I'd be surprised.Work in progress.Stay tuned......When the Sport is finished,I'll make a fool of myself showing it off.

Reply #236
When the cougar is done i will show it off all the time or take it out drag racing. When the T-bird is done it make a good daily driver and still be able to take it to a car show or go race it. Then after that is done i must either get a lincoln mark 8 LSC or get lucky and find the baby blue mark 7 bill bass in town has a hood scoop and chrome cobra Rs and its for sale again and fix me up a Hot Rod lincoln.

Vinne the T-bird will have to look better than Hawks blue TC for me to even start having any Envy. Almost my new 88 T-bird i got now is the main reason i fixed up my old car and my wrecked 87 was in my family for 11 years so i do like 87-88 T-Birds a lot. But i know Vinne will bust your @$$ working on the car and will blow all your Ca$h fixing it up so it might be one of the nicest around ever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #237
Quote from: Carpimp1987;229421
... bust your @$$ working on the car and will blow all your Ca$h fixing it up so it might be one of the nicest around ever.

i blow my ca$h at the gas pump these days :burnout: :mad:

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #238
I blow my Ca$h passing by the gas pumps and rarely stoping to fill up. At least its gone down some this month here like 15 to 20 cents. But Amarillo does have the highest prices in Texas most of the time like 9.5 times out of 10 or more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #239
$3.59 here in town.