Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37512 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #180
Wheels look better than I would have guessed. 

Another guess, unless those wheels aren't mounted properly on the car, you need to get the front end aligned.  Too much positive camber.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #181
actually I like the other rims better...  still looks good though.

Reply #182
Yeah i would have to get some caster chamber plates to make them fit right plus there was only 2 or 3 lugs put on just to test fit them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #183
You know the chrome alternator dress up item goes well with the rust and grease.
One 88

Reply #184
Quote from: CougarSE;221090
You know the chrome alternator dress up item goes well with the rust and grease.

I call that attention to the WRONG detail
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #185
We shouldn't pick at those things.Everyone has something different going on with their cars.Let him enjoy his in his own way without trying to take his pride in his own vehicle away from him.I don't like spoilers and a lot of chrome (that's just a "for example"),but I'm not going to rip a guy that does.I think it's time to rest on the insults.Let the guy enjoy his car.If you don't like something,be nice about it or be quiet.There's a difference between criticism and constructive criticism.

My 2 cents
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #186
my 2 cents will go throws a 3g swap later so i could careless also going to put on the valve covers when i order a upper and lower intake with also comes with a EGR spacer and throttle body. then i will get some Chaster chamber plates those GT500 rims. Get 1 10" sub and amp and box and use a 1 farad cap i got laying around on it. if the starter locks up ever i will go get a PMGR starter. New paint job next year and body work then have vinne make me some clear corner head lights. and if i get all that other stuff i will get someone to make me 2 cup holders and build a box above the carpet. Some UPR Custom pedals and a UPR k memeber kit full kit.

want to have the car done by summer of 09 or somewhere close around there.

Also with constructive criticism if theres a better part out there or a better price send me a link or if theres something that might look good on the car or make it better post a link for that 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #187
I would say leave the PMGR starters on the cars they originally came from...I had one...and hated the  out of it...the car sounded like it had a dead battery when you were trying to start it...there is NO need for a gear reduction style starter unless you have some serious compression or some big inches....I've even run long-tubes with the standard old starter that's been around for 40+ years and didn't have any fitament issues or heat soak issues...not really worth the time and money in my opinion.  You could put that money towards something else...like CC plates...lol.

There's my 2 cents

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #188
i raced a new black mustang gt 2006+ form like a 55mph roll and was sitting side by side with his car for like over 5 secs and  the front end picked up on the stang and it was sitting a fender and fender race for awhile and when he finally was starting to pass me it was a few more secs before he even got a full car on me.

Also went in a ride in a 13 sec SVT ford focus then i took him for a ride in my T-Bird we both where thinking the mustang was gonna kick my ass but my car kept up and we both where wrong. Car takes off fast from a dead stop but i did not think it had that much mid range and top end.

Also got my Green LEDs hooked up they match the digi dash and some of the cd player buttons and the AC.

The Starter will not be messed with unless it breaks then i will upgrade it its nice to have but not worth throw money at it untill it stops working like in my old car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #189
Looks good! they seem to look like FWD wheels in a way lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #190
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;221204
I had one...and hated the  out of it...the car sounded like it had a dead battery when you were trying to start it...there is NO need for a gear reduction style starter unless you have some serious compression or some big inches...

you must of had a weak one...  mine turns over really fast with it.  or do you mean how quite they are?  No need?  how about half the weight of the stock one?  less weight = less fuel use...

Reply #191
my ET time 1/4 best was 16.30 at 85mph most of the time it ran about the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #192
 really??
thats what my mark is supose to run...
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #193
ran it 6 times 16.30 being best and 16.45 being worse also end of the night ran it 4 times in a row so at least i know the car runs the same no matter how much i race it.

but i will try and get it paided off by the end of this year or sooner. So i can mod it a little bit.

Also note 1WLD BRD cougar runs 16.1s but oh well for a daily driver i still really like the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #194
you ran that kind of timw, and you are trying to say you stayed beside a brand new GT?!?!  DONT THINK SO!  either that or he wasnt triing...  I know a new GT will walk away from my cougar with out even triing.

You will stay near me in a race like that, but not a new GT