Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138505 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #735
Sweet project. I love the clips. What is your exhaust setup?
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #736
Quote from: vinnietbird;306668
I am ready to see the new engine......again.

That makes two of us!  Just got off the phone with the machine shop and it's on track for Thursday.

Quote from: 86caprirs;306688
Sweet project. I love the clips. What is your exhaust setup?

Thanks!  As for the exhaust, it's just stock Mustang headers, cheap summit offroad h-pipe, and cheap Cherry Bomb Turbo 2 lers.

Reply #737
Time for another update.  I reluctantly took the Tbird to a shop last week to have the vibration checked out.  Ended up being a bad tailshaft bushing that wiped out the yoke.  I go to pick up the car today and there were white specks all over my console area/system sentry/heater controls/shifter boot and plastic.  I already called the shop and I'm taking it back to them tomorrow; if anyone can help me get some replacement pieces, I would greatly appreciate it.  However, not all the news is bad...the Tbird is driving smoother than it ever has, so mechanically, I'm very pleased with the car.

As for the 306, the shop hit a snag with some oiling problems within the block so they had to add restrictors in it.  I'm really hoping she's ready in time for spring!

Reply #738
They got something all over your interior? Or is it damage...?

Thinkin' it's be time to find another place to work on it...after some retribution has been taken.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #739
Is it paint specks?

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #740
Looks like Brake clean, it's etched into the surface. This guy came recommended! We will see how he handles this situation before Anthony does this :flame:

Mr. Bill

Reply #741
Just got back from the shop.  They admitted to the mistake and will be paying for the new bezel, heater controls, and system sentry.  I had no problem dealing with them and there was 0 intent on their part for denying the situation, so I'm very pleased.

Reply #742
the machine shop STILL has your block?? how long has it been?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #743
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;311470
the machine shop STILL has your block?? how long has it been?

Well he's also pretty much building the engine this time around as well.  He wasn't happy with how it was oiling when he got it all together a couple of weeks ago; he had to put restrictors in the block then build it again, but it's almost ready for round 2.  The shop is notorious for taking its time, but is also well known for the quality work.

Reply #744
Having worked in a shot before, I do know that sometimes things happen...glad to hear they're doing the right thing about your interior. Kudos to you for not flying off the handle, and to them for taking care of their mess-up.

Quality should always be job 1, but I think I can appreciate your impatience ;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #745
Yeah, I understand that people make mistakes.  I probably sounded a bit heated yesterday when I called because it was soon after the fact, but today I had plenty of time to cool down and go about the situation properly.  They gave me zero problem and stood behind their work, and that's all I can ask for.

Reply #746
For those who were wondering, this is what they did to my previously perfect center dash area...

Reply #747
does it not wipe off? looks very diluted whatever it is. and they're replacing the parts that stuff is on? how are they replacing with new when they're obsolete?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #748
It does not wipe off, trust me I tried.  I told the guy that the pieces are rather hard to come by but I know where to look (this forum :hick: ) and that I'd have written receipts for everything to bring back for them and they'll reimburse me for the cost.  I'd rather get the parts myself anyway since I know exactly what I want.

Reply #749
So I've pretty much got every piece lined up and I hope they arrive in the next week or two, at which point my interior should be looking the best it ever has!  Stay tuned, and thanks to everyone who has helped :D .