Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138500 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #705
Quote from: massCougarxr7;283778
hedders, 3g alt,.. and you got me on the last one.....
No wait.... its a no restriction hot air intake!!!!!!
LOL J/K

Headers have been on the car for a couple of years now, so it's not that.  The changes I mention from "stock" are referring to a stock Mustang engine (guess I should have clarified, sorry).  But a 3G alt is correct, so there's #1.

Reply #706
Taurus fan, valve covers. :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #707
Quote from: cougarman;283790
Taurus fan, valve covers. :D

Well, specifically a Mark VIII fan but same thing really :) .  That's #2.  The last one isn't very easy to see in the pics but it's a common upgrade to perform in conjunction with the 2 already found.

EDIT:  Hahahaha I knew someone would say "valve covers."

Reply #708
Oh,I got it......no belt.That really adds the horsepower.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #709
Quote from: vinnietbird;283793
Oh,I got it......no belt.That really adds the horsepower.

OH SNAP, you figured out my secrets!! :rollin:

In all seriousness, though...nope :flip:

Reply #710
smog pump delete....

Reply #711
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;283836
smog pump delete....

Yes thats been done, but not what I'm referring to.  You're all over it though...very close. (Hint:  the 3G alt is pretty much required for this upgrade to not negatively affect the car)

Reply #712
Underdrives?

Reply #713
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;283839
Underdrives?

I was about to say that,you beat me to it.

If it is underdrives,let me know how they work out for you.I was thinking about getting a polished aluminum set and a polished aluminum steering pump pulley.I have heard good and bad about them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #714
Thing looks gooood with an engine in it doesnt it hahaha. What's that radiator? That looks just like the big-ass 3 core I got for mine.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #715
Stock radiator as far as I know...never changed it.

And yes, the last upgrade is underdrives.  I haven't driven the car yet but dad said she's runnin real strong.  I just need to do a few odds and ends to get it where I like it then I'll be off driving around tonight :D .

Reply #716
Well she's finally back running again!  Runs great, idles great, no more high pitched sound from the lower intake gasket either hahahaha.  Wow, though, I don't think I ever remember the car having so much low end grunt!  It is a BLAST to drive without even having to go past 3500rpm.  This is seriously making me consider leaving the cam at stock 0 degrees in the 306.  It's just so nice to have it back, regardless :) .

Reply #717
If it is underdrives,let me know how they work out for you.I was thinking about getting a polished aluminum set and a polished aluminum steering pump pulley.I have heard good and bad about them.[/QUOTE]

Vinnie, underdrives are good.....have them on mine for about 2years now with no complaints, she does run a tad warmer though but nothing serious
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #718
Very cool King, glad to hear it is back in action.  My XR-7 is still down with a blown T5.  I am thinking of throwing an AOD back in it for now just to get it going again.

Reply #719
Quote from: flipnbird;284174

Vinnie, underdrives are good.....have them on mine for about 2years now with no complaints, she does run a tad warmer though but nothing serious

And I would imagine that an efan helps take care of that small issue (you're still running the stock fan, right?).  Vinnie, this engine has never run this good before.  It's definitely stronger than it was before and just runs like a champ.  I love it.