Skip to main content
Topic: Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately. (Read 6271 times) previous topic - next topic

Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately.

Reply #15
Quote from: Hillbilly Deluxe;202276
Back in the day when Uncle Vito owned the concrete shoe company with Jimmy Hoffa?

Something like that :beatyoass:
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #16
you have GOT to be ****ing with me!
Mike you have been so good, trying to start an aftermarket for these cars, and some one goes and pulls this shiznit! I know your always there to help the guys out on here with parts when you can, and your a honest and trustworthy guy. How someone can do this is beyond me, its one thing to threaten someones business, but to threaten someones life, and the lives of there family is just ****ing insane, and ridiculous. I hope the police find the sspoogebag(s) that did this. Hope everything goes well for you man.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #17
wow i am very sorry to hear man, i hope your family is safe and stays safe.

Reply #18
Mike,send everything to me,I'll sell it all for you.No-one is coming to Oklahoma to mess with me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

100% my opinion based on my personal experience. i care not whether you agree with it

Reply #19
this thread wreaks of :bs: and is dripping with drama.
Quote from: aBM
I will not discuss specifics with anybody, so please do not ask.
if you dont wanna talk about it, then why have two threads? jus state your position, as you did in the vendor section, and leave it at that. then handle your business as you see fit; offline.

while i believe threats upon an individuals life should never be taken lightly, i would not expect any business owner who takes pride in what they do and is fully committed to their business to fold so seemingly quickly. im not here to judge your decisions. however, based on observing your attitude and the manner in which you have handled certain situations including this one, i cannot say i am shocked at the path you have chosen.

i have worked in 6 separate establishments that permanently shut down during my employment and 2 others that changed ownership(yeah, its kinda my curse....). thru those situations i have learned many things. one of the things i learned was that the announcement the owner makes to the public is never the 100% full truth. whether they are attempting to embitter the audience toward a competitor, garner sympathy for themselves, or any other motive, there is ALWAYS more to the situation than is allowed to be known. as they say, "there is no such thing as bad publicity," eh?

i sincerely hope that no harm comes to you or your family. handle your business, and carry on with your life.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #20
Quote from: gumby;202283
this thread wreaks of :bs: and is dripping with drama.

Just the kind of responses I would expect from "that crowd". :mad: You guys wanted me gone, and now I'm done. I don't know what part of "I don't make a red cent" from this you guys don't understand. Closing up ABM does nothing make give me free time and lose a lot of stress. It does not affect my income, my cars, or anything. I have no "agenda" and certainly no "drama".

I've made one post since this announcement, thanking oldraven for making me smile. Have you ever heard me be so quiet? I made my announcement in the Vendor's section so people who were searching months from now could see, and put up a link in the high-traffic Lounge so people could see and comment. No posts on TurboFord, no posts on NATO, no BS.

To everybody else who's posted, thank you. It was a good run.

Reply #21
I didn't want you gone.I did want some chrome trim on pay-day.Oh well,I'll watch for your stuff on e-bay (give me a PM when you start selling-).So,you are staying,but with a different name,right?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #22
I thought you were done with E-bay Mike.... because they blew it with their new policies... what's up with that?
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #23
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;202287
I thought you were done with E-bay Mike.... because they blew it with their new policies... what's up with that?

I am, but the policy (if it still goes through) goes into effect mid-March. So everybody is having a giant sell-o-thon until then before they bail.

Reply #24
Doesn't that just show support to them? I mean, what will they care if 'everybody' leaves after making huge sales on there? They'll already have their money, and they'll have plenty more sellers to replace those who leave.
I think the better way to protest it is to stop selling now, if you don't like the new policy.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #25
wtf? What kind of lame ass douchebag threatens someone's life over thunderbird parts? This just doesn't make any sense. What makes you think this person will really carry it all the way through? Well good luck, I hope everything works out.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #26
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;202289
Doesn't that just show support to them? I mean, what will they care if 'everybody' leaves after making huge sales on there? They'll already have their money, and they'll have plenty more sellers to replace those who leave.
I think the better way to protest it is to stop selling now, if you don't like the new policy.

That's a very good point. I wonder what other auction sites are picking up the slack?

Reply #27
What makes you safe after you close?,You got to do what you got to.sorry to here it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #28
Mike,
Sorry to hear about you situation, I was wondering what happened to you the other day.
If you plan to do this again one day, there's a lot of people here that will support you in your efforts.
Good luck, I hope you'll still be on the board after things settle down. If not, you know where to find us.

Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #29
Can I buy the domain name?
One 88