Skip to main content
Topic: Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately. (Read 6267 times) previous topic - next topic

Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately.

Reply #1
Holy shiznit.  That's ridiculous.

ABM, I've always respected you for your experience and parts offered for our cars.  A lot of people will miss your products!

Reply #2
:wtf:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3
Wow... unbelievable.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
You're supposed to wait till April first to post stuff like this......It is a joke right? Death threats over tbird parts?
1987 Tbird 5.0 swap, go fast mods coming soon....

Reply #5
Ok, I am having a hard time believing this too!  Over tbird parts?!  Come on, someone has to get a life if they are threatening you!  Really sad and a big shame.  Sorry to hear but I'd have to agree with you...  it's not worth it.
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #6
This is not wether you like ABM or not or if you have ever done business with them. This is about being muscled out of business using death threats. I can understand and respect your decission to close. It is just a shame that such people would resort to such tactics. Customers are forced to do business with the bad guys without knowing who the bad guy is. I know for legal reasons you can not say who was applying pressure to you. Now we are left to support someone who uses unethical and illegal tactics to gain an edge on the market. We as supporters are muscled as well.

Reply #7
Too bad the Bad Guys won. But if it were my family, I'd be taking the same route.

Reply #8
If it were in my city (Boston) back in the old days - I'd have this issue taken care of for you. Unfortunately, I'm a suburban dad with a family to worry about myself :( I hope you can continue to service the folks here on a small-time basis - it was nice knowing your products were available, even if I was lucky so far and hadn't needed them.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #9
wtf... that's the craziest shiznit i've heard in a while.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #10
people are effing rediculous. sorry to hear about this.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #11
WHY is there "in-fighting in the 2.3/T world?" WHY are these people such bell ends? Does anyone know what the fighting is about? That seems like all of the discussion I read here re: that crowd.

A DEATH THREAT. As my faith in the human race keeps eroding as usual....

"....open and competition-free market...." WHAT? Somebody wants to have like a fsking monopoly over parts or something!?  COMMIE PIECES OF TRASH!!!! It's times like this I wish I was Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. Just go nuts and find ppl and splatter them all over the wall :mad:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #12
This sucks! I can respect any decision you make, especially when it comes to protecting your family, but we have your back!!:beatyoass:

Reply #13
Few people including yourself stepped up in a small group of car enthusiast to try and create an aftermarket for them.
Please if there is a God let him get caught or a least expose who he is

Reply #14
Quote from: Cougar5.0;202228
If it were in my city (Boston) back in the old days - I'd have this issue taken care of for you. Unfortunately, I'm a suburban dad with a family to worry about myself :( I hope you can continue to service the folks here on a small-time basis - it was nice knowing your products were available, even if I was lucky so far and hadn't needed them.

Back in the day when Uncle Vito owned the concrete shoe company with Jimmy Hoffa?