Skip to main content
Topic: Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately. (Read 6268 times) previous topic - next topic

Aerobird Motorsports is CLOSED, effective immediately.

Reply #30
Quote from: CougarSE;202311
Can I buy the domain name?

If you want to wait the remainder of the 7 years until my contract runs out or pay the $1000 transfer fee. :toilet:

Reply #32
Yeah really, it hasn't cost that much in like 15 years.
One 88

Reply #33
Quote from: oldraven;202226
Too bad the Bad Guys won. But if it were my family, I'd be taking the same route.

x2 But Id be sitting waiting with a 22.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #34
Ooohhhh, shiznitstorm's a brewin'.

Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;202337
x2 But Id be sitting waiting with a 22.

I live by the 'two big dogs' rule. :beatyoass:

Reply #35
well this whole thing really sucks..  but if you want to sell off your stuff I'm sure alot of us will help you out to keep things local and not lost in the world of internet auction.  I'd be interested in doing this to help you out.

Reply #36
I wonder who's trying to take over so we know not to give them any business.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #37
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
I don't know what part of "I don't make a red cent" from this you guys don't understand.

Quote from: EricCoolCats;202335

Why the markup, Mike?

Eric just pointed out why you "don't make a red cent". I did some digging, trying to find the source of some of your parts, and found that you had a 40% mark up on some of your parts! I work for a large diesel shop, and our mark-up is 35%. You get yourself into a car scene where being cost effective is everything, yet you mark up your prices significantly, and put some outrageous prices on used parts, to only complain about not getting business.

Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports
Just the kind of responses I would expect from "that crowd".

I guess I'm also part of "that crowd". It also seems that "that crowd" seems to be the people who frequent turboford and NATO and see your antics. I have never seen a business owner make so many claims, and get into so many arguments with those who you need to work with and cater to! For example, I notice that you take a chance to jump all over Bo-Port whenever someone praises his products. As a business owner, you should bite your tongue!

You complain about business, then you go start trouble, never have sources, and quite frankly, never appear to have the knowledge and experience that these largely respected members and vendors have. Who wants to buy a product from someone who gets into g matches, never accepts responsibility for an argument, never admits when they are wrong, and can't keep their car together, when they SPECIALIZE in that specific vehicle.

You reap what you sow, and apparently you planted a shiznit storm.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #38
Hmmm...I work for a web company. Our transfers are $14.95.

Why the markup, Mike?

geeze Eric, give the guy a break.. he's gotta make money somewhere now that he won't be selling off e-bay (you know because of their new policies).
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #39
Does this have anything to do with you being banned from TF?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #40
Quote from: Tbird232ci;202354

Awesome quote, I'm gonna steal it... Please dont kill my family, lol!

I know that was tactless but I couldn't help myself... Sorry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #41
Someone called me a whiny little dick once to.
SO,
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #42
Hmmm...I work for a web company. Our transfers are $14.95.

Why the markup, Mike?

I dunno. I bought the domain through Yahoo pre-paid before I really knew anything about the 'net (still don't). It's free for me to keep for the remainder but it's a ton of flaming-hoops or something like that to transfer or sell it (guess I don't really own it). It can be a blank screen for all I care.

Reply #43
Quote from: t3skidoo;202356
Does this have anything to do with you being banned from TF?

I wasn't banned, I left. They put that up after I left (and deleted my leaving thread). And no, it doesn't.

Reply #44
Quote from: Tbird232ci;202354
Eric just pointed out why you "don't make a red cent". I did some digging, trying to find the source of some of your parts, and found that you had a 40% mark up on some of your parts! I work for a large diesel shop, and our mark-up is 35%. You get yourself into a car scene where being cost effective is everything, yet you mark up your prices significantly, and put some outrageous prices on used parts, to only complain about not getting business.

I guess I'm also part of "that crowd". It also seems that "that crowd" seems to be the people who frequent turboford and NATO and see your antics. I have never seen a business owner make so many claims, and get into so many arguments with those who you need to work with and cater to! For example, I notice that you take a chance to jump all over Bo-Port whenever someone praises his products. As a business owner, you should bite your tongue!

You complain about business, then you go start trouble, never have sources, and quite frankly, never appear to have the knowledge and experience that these largely respected members and vendors have. Who wants to buy a product from someone who gets into g matches, never accepts responsibility for an argument, never admits when they are wrong, and can't keep their car together, when they SPECIALIZE in that specific vehicle.

I didn't get the same buy-in price as huge shops. Most of the "brand name" stuff (like the ARP bolts) it was cheaper for me to buy it from Summit then go direct, even at a Jobber rate. And that's all I ever got, was a Jobber rate. My largest markup was about 30%.

I'm so happy to see "that crowd" never lets anything go, or lets things like "the truth" or "facts" get in the way. I'm done with all this e-arguing, go find somebody else to poke with a stick. What part of "I give up" don't you understand?