Skip to main content
Topic: Woo Hoo! Free tools! (Read 3991 times) previous topic - next topic

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

So for Christmas the g/f got me a NIIIIICE Craftsman toolbox, you know one of those giant red ones. It has the quiet-glide drawers and all that... anyways...

I got it all set up and I didn't want to hurt it with my nasty, greasy, old tools, so I went to Sears to grab some drawer liners. I brought a $5 off coupon from their website. Sooo, free liners!

The coupon is for $5 off any tool (or home and garden) purchase of $5 or more, from now until 1/22/08. It's right on the Sears website and in most newspaper.

You can use it once per day!

http://www.sears.com/ue/home/5Offcoupon.pdf?sid=I0084400010000100383&aff=Y

There you guys go!

I'm the last person in the world to post this kind of stuff, but it's on Sears website and I literally just used the thing. I'll post pics of my receipt if you need proof ;)

So, yeah, I'll be going there everyday (for 1 socket) for the next few weeks...

;)

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #1
thanks

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #2
Dude, thats awesome...thanks!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #3
coupon says one coupon per "purchase". so technically you could walk up to the counter with 5 sockets, and ask for 5 separate transactions.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #4
I'm going to try that tomorrow :hick:

I'll let you know how it goes...

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #5
I just bought a 137 pc tool set tonight!

on sale for $99

Sweet!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #6
thanks for the update aerobird, Im going there now :D.  I need to find a good cordless drill tho from craftsman..
.: Lastest :.

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #7
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;195533
coupon says one coupon per "purchase". so technically you could walk up to the counter with 5 sockets, and ask for 5 separate transactions.

i want to see you guys pull this off

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #8
, too bad the only thing I really want right now is a good sawzall and I don't really want to lay out that kind of money at the moment.

Although I may check out air chisels as well...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #9
So does this mean you can walk in and pick up ONLY a $5 socket, go pay for it and get $5 off? Or do you have to buy something else AND a $5 socket to get the $5 off?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #10
"Any purchase of $5 or more" and then the fine print says "before taxes".

So yes, you can grab a $5.09 socket, and only pay 9c plus taxes.

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #11
I'm trying it tomorrow, with me luck!!

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #12
Used the coupon today with no problem

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #13
Huh, my dad tried it tonight, and they wouldnt take it.....

Might have to lay the smack down!
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Woo Hoo! Free tools!

Reply #14
I just got back from my Sears...I made about 5 or 6 separate little purchases.

Used the same printout each time - no problem at all. The last purchase I was making was rung up by a different associate, who wanted to take the coupon...I said, "that's fine - I've got 9 more printed out in my pocket." (Which I had just in case they did want to take it up!)

One cool thing I got (didn't NEED it) is a Craftsman wall clock that is black and chrome with a red neon light. It was marked down from like $40 to about $10...then I used the coupon on it. It's gunna loolk nice in the garage.

Also - I saw the bargain bin China stuff on my way out, so I picked up a $5 combination screwdriver for exactly $0.00 after the coupon. Sweet.