Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1153943 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2850
Quote from: daminc;361921
that would be awesome

um, wait what would? I said a lot of stuff
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2851
Quote from: flylear45;361922
When I tried to use a manual boot on an automatic shifter I found that there wasn't enough give in the boot to allow the range of front to back motion, so I went with another plan.

Just FYI.

that's what I feared. that's why I figured I'd make one with the aod cover
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2852
Quote from: sarjxxx;361923
um, wait what would? I said a lot of stuff

hold on....I might be having to make one again
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2853
Flylear, what did you end up doing... If I may ask
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2854
Jerry, if you can lower the shifter a little, you should be fine with the 5 speed panel and boot. Also, there are other shifter boots you can substitute to fit that are a little taller (giving more movement for shifting), and you still have that look that's "right".
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2855
any lower will need some mods of the car. the one side is on the hump now... I could cut it, and make a box to drop it in to lower it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2857
I think with a slightly larger/longer boot, it can look factory.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2858
I'm wondering if the actual shifter itself, the vertical part, could be shortened a little. I don't see why not. I need to snag a Stang piece as a test mule and se what can be done. That would help, and look cool.

Reply #2859
since I joined and over this past month I have been reading this entire tread (a 143 pages later and 90% of it on my phone) and I am amazed what this car looks like and the amount of work into the car from what the project started from..... WOW!!!! ...... I thank you sir for posting your progress and allowing me (and everyone else) to read about this experience I could only wish to complete someday

Once again, Thank you, awesome job on everything, and maybe someday I could be privileged to see the car in person some day

Reply #2860
I'll get you hooked up. let me go through the ones I have for you,
John

Reply #2861
Quote from: dustytheredneck;361953
since I joined and over this past month I have been reading this entire tread (a 143 pages later and 90% of it on my phone) and I am amazed what this car looks like and the amount of work into the car from what the project started from..... WOW!!!! ...... I thank you sir for posting your progress and allowing me (and everyone else) to read about this experience I could only wish to complete someday

Once again, Thank you, awesome job on everything, and maybe someday I could be privileged to see the car in person some day

Everyone here should actually be thanked..... If it wasn't for this place, I would have never found entire panels, and parts to do the job.. most of the people here helped in one way or another to get it this far.. and you never know, one day you may find yourself in Buffalo, NY.... or who knows, It may actually make it to a future Catjam.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2862
I'm also thinking about shortening the shifter height. hopefully without destroying the only one I have...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2863
Let me see if I can get one from the Fox Stang at the yard and I can take pics and see what they're made of so you don't do damage that can't be repaired. Next Wednesday.

Reply #2864
Ok I took the top off the shifter... I measure 2 -1/4" of travel on the shifter, park to 1st

so in theory... I could actually move the entire shifter in any location to make it fit into 5 speed cover opening.. all I need is 2-1/4" top to bottom on the cover opening..
Who want's to be a pal and measure their cover for me?

as far as using the original shifter the way it is, I don't see why it wouldn't look good with the boot...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook