Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154021 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2880
might have something with the Ram boot.... I can't see anything from a Fiero being big enough to fit anything but  ...... maybe a Fiero or the pink Barbie Vette
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2881
Quote from: vinnietbird;362058
I think making a red boot would be great....just don't use it.LOL.

I'll make you one too...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2882
If you want to make one, there is a vinyl fabric you can get at the crafts store, I think the one I went to was Michael's. Its black and the texture is kinda similar to the dash grain. Its pretty flexible too. Its what I used to cover my subs when I built the boxes. It looks very nice. Just a thought.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2883
This is an S-10 boot. Looks good, and from a truck, I'd bet a little taller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Borg-Warner-S10-T5-GENUINE-T-5-S10-LEATHER-SHIFT-BOOT-/280389324805?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4148819005

Also, this is where I got my shifter boot. If you ask, they can probably add a few inches to the boot you like if you send them a message. They were very nice people when I got mine. Great quality and nice, soft leather. Not vinyl like stuff, and after almost 3 years, mine still looks new.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2884
yes. Michael's does have a selection of "pleather"  good idea
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2885
I could almost use something like this too

http://cgi.ebay.com/MG-MIDGET-BLACK-GEAR-HANDBRAKE-GAITER-LEATHER-NEW-/230633978799?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b2db3baf#ht_655wt_1141
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2886
First,, as far as making a boot for my Sport, but......um.....This is a good time to put an AOD back in.LOL.LOL.

Contact the place I told you about sweet product, and very well made.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2887
I'm not going to worry about it to much right now... gotta finish bolting things together... The car will still run without a boot... tomorrows another day to work on it.. I'll finish up some stuff underneath and do some wiring....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2888
todays progress report... Bolted the shifter bracket to the AOD... I must have lost the nut, bolt and washers to attach the cable to the gear selector.... not a big deal... connected the spedo cable and the neutral start wiring...... little steps. It's taking longer to find the stuff then install it..lol

So I decided to pull out the stuff that need to get installed.... thinking this will save some time.... maybe not....lol
I got a few things ready for tomorrow and the weekend.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2889
Is that little bracket on the canister the one I sent....forever ago?

Reply #2890
lol, yes it is... I painted it real nice too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2891
todays stuff... removed the fender and started with the fuel lines for a bit.. doing a dry fit first.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2892
Do you have the little bracket that holds the fuel lines to the passenger side head?

Reply #2893
the metal clips?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2894
oh wait... to the head?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook