Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154140 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2910
it's half done
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2911
What air intake setup are you going with? Aftermarket or stock Mustang tubes?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2912
I have no idea what that even means...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2913
The intake tubes are different for Mass Air. The tube that goes from the air box to the throttle body. The CAI I have places the filter inside the fender, and has a chrome tube, then the mass air meter, then another chrome tube to the t-body. The stock style has two rubber tubes from the air box with the Mass air meter in the middle.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2914
then I will be making my own..... Evolution Style
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2915
Sweet. There are couplers on Ebay (I just bought one) pretty cheap, they come with nice stainless clamps, and in a multitude of sizes. I got mine in blue of course. Get your Mass Air meter first then make the tubing to match. With 24# injectors you'll need an after market Mass Air meter to tell the computer you have 24's. The computer will be looking for 19# injectors. There are good deals on nice used meters all over Corral. I got mine pretty cheap with injectors. If you need any help there, let me know and I'll give you all the info I can Jerry.

Reply #2916
yea, I wanted to make the ram air too, like we talked about
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2917
The ram air part......I forgot about that.

Reply #2918
Quote from: daminc;362308
I wanted to make the ram air too

Pretty much useless, but they're still really cool, so..... DO IT!!

I had one on mine for awhile, it was cool but it served absolutely no other purpose.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2919
if anything, it will be a cold air source in front of the car.. I'll cost nothing to make, so it's a win-win situation until I get a supercharger
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2920
I think it'll make a small difference. maybe not something you can feel , but a positive difference, plus, you can say "It has Ram Air".

Reply #2921
my thoughts exactly
it'll maybe help keep things cooler
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2922
Cooler is better. If I had my &@*%$@# new radiator, the Sport might be cooler. .......I don't want to talk about it.

Reply #2923
Quote from: daminc;362425
if anything, it will be a cold air source in front of the car.

Yep. That was the second biggest reason I did it to mine. 

How do you plan to deal with the sudden and unforseen rainshower that wants to fill your combustion chambers with lovely liquid rust?
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2924
Just caught up on 75 pages... Its looking great. I want to see it done but I am really happy to see that you are doing everything right now and not rushing to get it together. Is that the same intake I sold you? Looks 100x better, just blasted. This thread always make me think, "Now why havent I touched my car again?"
1986 Cougar LS