Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154265 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2940
Quote from: thunderjet302;362955
Flowtech Afterburners sound like this:

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/thunderjet302/?action=view¤t=tbird-1.mp4

Do you have an x, or h pipe? and do you have cats on it too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2941
Quote from: vinnietbird;362956
It wouldn't be too hard to move the shifter a little.....it wouldn't take much at all.

my thoughts exactly... I'm thinking a stock type of boot will work then
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2942
Quote from: daminc;362957
Do you have an x, or h pipe? and do you have cats on it too?

2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with a H-pipe, no cats. It's a kit for a Mustang. With these lers it sounds like a motor boat at idle. This might be a bit more helpful.

[video=youtube;8TFSHVgfgiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFSHVgfgiU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2943
Well then I'm guessing my car will sound exactly like yours, seein that we have almost the same identical parts in our cars....... And I wasn't even trying to copy you.... It's crazy how that just happened.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2944
Quote from: daminc;362971
Well then I'm guessing my car will sound exactly like yours, seein that we have almost the same identical parts in our cars....... And I wasn't even trying to copy you.... It's crazy how that just happened.

I know. Once you got that cam I thought you were copying my engine ;). I didn't copy the ammount of rust you had though.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2945
I suppose I had better find a different kind of ler. I can't be having the Sport sound like you two guys.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2946
yours will sound diff with the X-pipe, Vinnie... no need to worry...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2947
Quote from: thunderjet302;362984
I know. Once you got that cam I thought you were copying my engine ;). I didn't copy the ammount of rust you had though.

it's really funny, because I research for months before I buy something... and after I do end up buying something, you say you already have it and I never once looked at what you had.....lol. At least we have diff TB's... I actually put a 70mm on instead of the 65 I was planning
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2948
I'm looking around. Unsure right now. I tend to.......you're not going to believe this....I tend to change my mind sometimes.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2949
only 50 bucks a pop too, I'm considering one of these for until I can get my hands on a 50 series like I want....
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2950
I was a little surprised at the price myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2951
I got a question........... should I try to get the car running before I connect the mass air? would it cut down my chance of chasing a potential running, or idling problem after everything that I redid to it..... Or would it not really matter after going as far as I went.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2952
The I wanna hear it run side of me says fire it up but the I'm sick of my, ill get to it later side says I can wait and do it rite :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #2953
Do the Mass Air and get it all together first. With the cam, and Mass Air computer, it'll probably run bad without the Mass Air. Just do it all the first time so you don't have to go back and do it again.

My own opinion.

Reply #2954
Quote from: vinnietbird;363070
Do the Mass Air and get it all together first. With the cam, and Mass Air computer, it'll probably run bad without the Mass Air. Just do it all the first time so you don't have to go back and do it again.

My own opinion.
  That's what I did.  ^ ^
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo