Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161365 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2955
ah yes.... the guy at the shop said it won't stay running without mass air......  sorry, It's been a while

I'll probably put the intake on tomorrow, wire the computer, and put the mid pipes, and lers on. I think that will make it a very fun day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2956
Excitement !!! So close. Take your time with the Mass Air wiring. It's easy, but very important it's done right. I'll be in touch later. Boneyard time. I'm hoping for good things......not expecting any, but hopeful.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2957
oh yea... do it right the first time..... after tomorrow, I think I'm down to installing a bunch of hoses and vac lines... Still have to splice the fuel lines (have to borrow the kit from a friend next week), and extend the wires to the O2 sensors
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2958
they have some new vacuum line stuff at the local Autozone in case yours are brittle and they have a LOT of different vacuum hose ends and elbows to get them just right with the Explorer intake.The only vacuum lines I don't have anymore are from the smog equipment. The rest are still intact.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2959
I'll see what Napa has first. I have to leave the Island to go to autozone. if the lines from the 3.8 are the right size and length, I'll try to use some of those first,

New pics later....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2960
Well, NAPA is fine, too. Autozone is about 6 blocks from me, so that's my first choice..LOL. Jerry, do you need a brand new red door handle cup for the door panel? I don't remember which side it is, but it's NOS and I'll pass it to you if you'd like it. I have NOS gray ones for my car.

Reply #2961
did some dry fitting to see what I need to finish
so far, my exhaust is below my brace that we were discussing in the other post

then put a few more thing in today, to see what else I need.... Apparently a bunch of hose clamps to start with.. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2962
Nice work !!! What's the hose on top of the upper intake? Everything is looking rather Sweet !!!

Speaking of "Sweet", Jerry. You may appreciate this...I have a CD of "The Sweet" (a group from the early 70's). I've been listening to it all day while I was working on the Sport. Old tunes.

Reply #2963
there's a bunch of hoses I didn't connect yet... not sure where most of them go right now...lol. I need to lose a few I think, because of the smog pump not being connected..
I also need to install the right throttle cable. the V6 cable is still attached
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2964
Got it. If I can help, let me know. I'm glad to see the old girl as far along as it is now.

Reply #2965
I kinda like my fancy intake plate.... needs to be polished though
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2966
Hey Jerry......I see 19# injectors on the engine....Are you going to 24's later on?

Reply #2967
I'm gonna have to wait with the 24s... need some other things before I get another mass air sensor...  need a million small ticket items. I'll swap them next round when I swap to the full digi dash, and other assorted goodies that I want to do. I'm really dying to get it running now.... I'm sure I'll be swapping and polishing things after I get it going.... otherwise it wouldn't be a project car to play with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2968
You are the only guy, other than myself that wants full digi gauges. I don't like the buttstuffog gauges, but, I'm also not going to attempt to swap them out.

Reply #2969
I figure I'm half way there already..... I already put the sender in the tank for it too. so my gauge is going to work backwards for a bit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook