Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161377 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2985
LOL... don't let me stop you from sending stuff...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2986
I won't let you stop me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2987
I've been creating today....we'll see if it works when I'm done

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2988
ok, I think I got it figured out with everyones help yesterday.....
How's this?

borrowed a fuel line repair kit from my friend at the auto shop... spliced the fuel lines this morning..... also needed a new connector for the fuel filter, seeing the line was in bad condition at the connector

got my lines for the AOD... new U-joints, new neg battery cable hose clamps. 2-1/2 exhaust pipe extensions for under the car.... misc other things...... hope to maybe start it on sunday or monday....fingers crossed

also need to extend the wires for my O2 sensors and re-pin the computer....
it's all coming together.........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2989
I noticed it's getting quite crowded under the hood again..... I'm also going to put the stock fan on for right now.... until I get it going
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2990
Pull the intake plate, hang the salt and pepper shakers below it. Didn't I have a slot there for that? I did on my last one before that. If not, cut one. Just a notch from the edge under the plate to hang that wiring assembly from.

Looking good !!! Assembly is going well.

Are the water lines from the lower intake and water pipes that go through the intake spacer capped off?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2991
it popped off the other day when I was fiddling around, I gotta put it back on..the intake plate isn't crewed on yet
I capped the water lines.... the intake hose is just looped around the intake and going nowhere.... I didn't have any cool caps like you.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2992
I got my caps at Lowes. They are with the fasteners, all different sizes and colors, and super cheap for a small bag.

Reply #2993
It's looking great Jerry!  The race is on for the first start.  I'm holding my breath.

Reply #2994
Jerry, how's it going today? Any progress? Did you drive the car around the block? LOL.

Reply #2995
got the u-joints replaced, and half the exhaust bolted down..... more fun tomorrow....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2996
I just  joined the ranks of everyone who took their crossmember  off to install their exhaust..

a few random under car pics.....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2997
Sweeeeet !!! You'll never miss the little cross member thingy. You guys are just working away, and here I sit (I did have to work at the job though). I need some Sport time. I think tomorrow will be a good day for that.

Reply #2998
I do feel a little bad about removing the cross member thingy...it's one of the few pieces of metal on my car that actually survived from day 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2999
I'm down to a few thing to finish up..........Battery cable, AOD lines, Shifter relocation, computer re-pin, o2 sensor wires....... and I think that's about it.....I'm getting very scared now. Never thought I would see this day come..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook