Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154266 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2925
No, it's Vinnie's old intake..... my wife bought me a Christmas present
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2926
Quote from: sarjxxx;362446
Yep. That was the second biggest reason I did it to mine. 

How do you plan to deal with the sudden and unforseen rainshower that wants to fill your combustion chambers with lovely liquid rust?
lol..... watch and learn........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2927
getting the intake ready for install.....

Got a free T-body...had to change the arm over to make it work...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2928
more progress

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2929
Nice work. On my throttle bodies, I take the leading edge, where the air enters the throttle body, and roll the edge like a trumpet and smooth it really nice. I doubt it help a lot for air flow, but in my mind it adds tons of power.LOL. Just one of those things I like to do.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2930
Well if it adds a ton of power, then I'll do it.....lol
I think I'm going to order some flowtech afterburner lers, and my mid pipes tomorrow....
Pulled out my driveshaft.... going to clean it up tomorrow after I finish getting the intake ready.... things are coming together....
I may be starting this baby soon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2931
well afterburners will add quite a bit of power too lol
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2932
I'm still looking for replacement lers. can't make my mind up, so I'm waiting until I do. Any idea how loud the afterburner lers are? I'm not really familiar with them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2933
Quote from: vinnietbird;362778
I'm still looking for replacement lers. can't make my mind up, so I'm waiting until I do. Any idea how loud the afterburner lers are? I'm not really familiar with them.

Kinda like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2bOXivdis
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2934
I had to listen twice. The Thunderbird sounds a lot like that now. That sounds pretty mean. The Sport does sound kind of sinister, and I like it, especially the looks it gets when I start it, or roll up next to someone, but, it can get annoying on a long drive for me.6 of one, half a dozen of the other. That's why I'm in no hurry to swap the Flows yet. Gotta be "just right". I'm looking. I'll wait to hear them on your car....then maybe I'll copy you. LOL.

Reply #2935
I thought about going quieter, but I'm only going around the corner with it..... the vert will get a less noisy ler when it's done... it goes farther
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2936
I love the sound of the Sport, just after 45 minutes or an hour it bugs me. On the other hand, I don't drive for that long at a time that often in the Sport. On long trips we take the Maxima. As I stated, like yesterday, I had a "kid" (probably early 20's) pull up next to me with his girlfriend and he was revving his engine...The Sport was sitting at idle, and I looked over when I saw he was trying to get my attention, and I revved the Sport and things then got loud (I'd guess he had stock lers from the sound of it...nice little tone, but,stock tone)..., and his girl started laughing at him. He looked disturbed at her, and when the light turned green he took off, and I hit the gas and he saw the tail lights til the next light from a distance.LOL. He didn't look amused at her still laughing when we came to the next stop, at which time I was laughing too. Good times. he was in a mid 90's Mustang GT. I didn't give the Sport all she had. I guess I didn't need to. Felt good. I really don't do that often, but I like to do that when the time is just right......like when an idiot is trying to show off for his girlfriend. Gives them something to talk about later.LOL.

Reply #2937
Got another box of goodies today.

Going to toss the old DS in till I find a better one.

got the cover.... now I need a boot that will work..... I may try and move the shifter to center it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2939
Oooooh !!! I like the sound of that !!!

It wouldn't be too hard to move the shifter a little.....it wouldn't take much at all.