Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1153942 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2085
todays pre-update.

Taking the front of the car apart to get it ready for paint. Doors, fenders, hood, header, and bumpers. everything needs to be prepped for paint on the insides, and undersides.

Pics to follow later this evening.

( Yes, everything will have to be aligned again)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2086
oo .. really good job ! I´m speakless.. but I have the feeling that this is going to be sharpest cat we all have ever seen. When your cat is ready you really can say you have brand new car. :D

Reply #2087
Recruited some help today

The sun coming through the windows was really messing with my camera today. It hasn't really worked right since I dropped it 2 weeks ago. Looks like it's time for another. Bare with the grainy pics today.......
Ok, it's all apart again. Next time it gets put together, it will be painted.

I'll take better ones tomorrow to replace these. These are not "Evolution Quality" pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2088
That poor car is like, "YAAAY I'm all together again!!  Wait...what are you doing?!?  Don't take that off again!  NOOOO!!  Just drive me already you buttstuff retentive jerk!"

LOL  Just kidding man.  All of our cars should be so lucky.  This has truly been a labor of love and I'm thankful you've shared it all with us here.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #2089
Jerry isn't the buttstuff retentive jerk. I am. I went there yesterday to check it out. And I was like "no no no! This is all wrong!" so I took it apart. Gonna make jerry redo it. Consider mr the Chef Ramsey of body work.  There can only be perfection in Hell's Garage!

Just kidding!

But seriously. All the sanding and priming paid off. All the panels are straight as an arrow and smoother than a babys bottom!

Reply #2090
You forgot to take off the quarters;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2091
how much to paint my car when im done with it lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

Reply #2092
My quality, about $7,500 without body work
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2093
Quote from: thunderjet302;316258
You forgot to take off the quarters;)

I did that once....... and only once. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2094
Quit messing around with it. let's see some color!, I may have mine sprayed before you, and I didn't even start yet.
I will start on mine on good Friday, just the exhaust for that day. Then the sand paper,  hopefully will spray memorial weekend.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2095
Are you spraying the jambs and changing the color?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2096
Of course, I hope it's darker with a little more metallic in it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2097
Darker will look better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2098
Yesterday & today's work.
the passenger side is done, including jambs

still need to do the back sides of these.

need to do the jamb and underside of the trunk lid.

The only outer panels left to do, along with the jamb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2099
Man its gonna take a TON of tire shine to get those tires black again, lol.  :poke:

Looking great!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube