Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161057 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2055
Every cougar owner get your camras and start taking pics of ur cars and email them to jerry lol. Can't wait till paint is done. :bowdown:

Reply #2056
Quote from: baxo;315573
Yeah I can definitely help with assembly too.. let me know!

You know your gonna be here for that. I can't lift those doors  and hood myself with out scratching them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2057
more done today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2058
I had to use a floor jack and a towel to install my doors.The hood was a different story.Gayle actually helped me with that,bless here tiny,short little self.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2059
I got baxo coming over on Saturday to help me take the doors, and hood off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2060
2 extra hands make all the difference in the world.Wish i was there.I love this stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2061
We can put you on video chat Vinnie. Find that camera yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2062
Oh man,the video computer camera thing is probably in storage somewhere.I have no idea whaere that thing is.We got it as a gift and Gayle didn't like it.I never used it,and when i thought about it,she did something with it.

Reply #2063
what grit are you using 400? I remember this like it was yesterday..... Thank God it is over lol.
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #2064
Yes, 400 grit. I'll be saying that soon too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2065
I remember hauling them doors! they definably got some weight to them. Oh yeh thanks for the card.lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2066
Did you figure the flywheel out yet? You can have the one I have if you need it I got 2 of them.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2067
I'm sending Jerry the flywheel and block plate.

Reply #2068
yes, Vinnie was sending some other things, and had a few extra too. The AOD situation seems to be solved. Now I just need another stall converter in the 2400 and up range.
I'll talk with the guy at the machine shop,and see what he recommends based on the work that will be done..

Does anyone know for sure that I can use my Drive old Drive shaft? Its a big rusted piece of , but it will only be used until I find an aluminum shaft to have shortened.
It still seems to fall in the length that was discussed in the DS tread. seemed to remember everyone saying it would work, just dbl checking before I cross that of my list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2069
Quote from: Kitz Kat;315932
Oh yeh thanks for the card.lol

Happy Easter Kitz. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook