Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161021 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2040
wow it almost looks flat......

LOL looking good I did the same thing with my hood!
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #2041
Yep, it's pretty freakin flat.... Using an 11" block and 400 grit on the flats.
I think we all need to get some champagne, and have a party after the paint is on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2042
........and then figure out where I put all the parts for the car. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2043
...and how to reassemble everything.LOL.I have to say,it's been a great ride so far with the Cougar.There's a few more chapters left in the story though.Can't wait to see how the story ends.I know there's a sequel....I saw the other thread.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2044
yea, I may be asking a lot of stupid reassembly questions. It's been over 2 years since I saw most of parts of the car, let alone where they go. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2045
You know where to find me.I got your back.......in a brotherly way, not a prison kind of way.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2046
Quote from: vinnietbird;315507
Can't wait to see how the story ends.I know there's a sequel....I saw the other thread.LOL.

The sequel is going to make this one look like childs play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2047
We need to do whatever it takes to have CJ in 2011 so we can see it up close!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #2048
Quote from: Quietleaf;315533
We need to do whatever it takes to have CJ in 2011 so we can see it up close!

Is it going to be in Buffalo next year? :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2049
Looking great, I love this build thread. Can't wait to see it in paint.
1985 T'Bird 5.0
1987 Cougar 3.8
1992 T'bird Sport 5.0 HO

Reply #2050
lol i think we need to do that jerry. But i can help out putting it back together for ya when you need it.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2051
Yeah I can definitely help with assembly too.. let me know!

Reply #2052
I can't wait to see the convertible done in 2020.That should be awesome !!!!

Reply #2053
I have to get it done before Dec 2012, when the world ends.. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2054
Good point. I forgot about the end of the world coming.I'd better get the a/c going strong in the Sport and make sure the tank is full of good gas.