Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161014 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2010
I suppose it's alright.......I mean....I expected so much MORE.LOL.LOL. Good work Jeddy.I hope to see it black by Friday night.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2011
Doesn't look like it will be black by Friday. I have a ton of wet sanding to do first. maybe next Friday. if I had help, it would be ready to paint on Sat, but with that stupid job and an extra EPA certification class on Friday, It'll have to get done when it gets done. This is the longest part of the project. Then I can start finding everything, and put it back together once and for all. The boxes of parts all over the place are killing me. I even have tons of stuff up in the attic in the house.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2012
i told ya jerry i would give ya a hand just if we both could find time ya know lol.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2013
wish I was there.I'd love to help.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2014
You gotta keep em separated......
lol

no wonder I was having problems starting the car every once in a while.

and I started the sanding today.

That's it for todays update
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2015
Nice starter motor :pbb:

The car is comming along nicely :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2016
Dam that starter looks 100 years old.

Reply #2017
I think that starter qualifies as F**ked!

Time for a high torque!
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #2018
 did you find that starter at the bottom of lake ontario or lake erie?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #2019
Hahahah having problems huh? You mean like it not starting? That looks to be the problem hahahha

Reply #2020
Nice starter.Holy .I really just can't believe the rust and corrossion you guys have to watch out for.It still just amazes me.

Reply #2021
What's  funny is.... it still started the car the very last time I had it out side to spin it around. Damp days were a problem. lol

Niagara River would be the correct answer for the starter. lol

It's amazing what 20 years of salt will do to something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2022
Are you planning to use that rusty old lump to power your shiny new rebuilt car?  It deserves something better....MMMMMM DOHC.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Reply #2023
i say put that starter in a case and when u take that cougar to some car shows display it. That way people would know how bad that car was and how far u went to save it. Ofcourse u will have a photo album with the resto pics too.:bowdown:

Reply #2024
Quote from: 88CougarGT;314807
Are you planning to use that rusty old lump to power your shiny new rebuilt car?  It deserves something better....MMMMMM DOHC.

What rusty old lump are you referring to?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook