Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160705 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #810
"Priceless", yes amazing.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #811
today I got some upgrade parts.
got this and my rear spring isolators  so far this week.
just waiting on the springs, and I'll have everything to put it back together.

I found my little Ranger to be most useful so far.

A little blasting and some paint, It'll be like new again.

OK, I really didn't have any exciting pictures today, unless you think spring isolators are exciting. :hick:

not a lot happening on the car since friday, but I just ran the gas line today to connect the furnace in the garage this week. I'll be wearing shorts to work on the car now. LOL ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #812
Hey Jerry,you have a really nice rear end there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #813
You can have the straps to.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #814
I was going to sent them back to you too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #815
Quote from: daminc;253924
today I got some upgrade parts.
got this and my rear spring isolators  so far this week.
just waiting on the springs, and I'll have everything to put it back together.

A little blasting and some paint, It'll be like new again.

OK, I really didn't have any exciting pictures today, unless you think spring isolators are exciting. :hick:

not a lot happening on the car since friday, but I just ran the gas line today to connect the furnace in the garage this week. I'll be wearing shorts to work on the car now. LOL ;)
I find disc brake rears exciting, does that count?  Keep it up! :jerry:
1987 TC

Reply #816
better then a leaky rear :shakeass: :toilet:
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #817
What's all of that brown stuff all over your rear?You're going to have to wipe all of that off.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #818
I was wondering the same thing!! It wasn't there when it left.
I even pessure washed it. Plus it was draining for days. Did you spill coffe on it?

Reply #819
You guys are a riot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #820
A riot?No way,we're serious..................maybe not.LOL.

Have you cleaned your rear yet?

Reply #821
Quote from: vinnietbird;254157
A riot?No way,we're serious..................maybe not.LOL.

Have you cleaned your rear yet?

I've cleaned my rear several times a day.

When I was taking auto in school, I spent about a week and a couple of hours just cleaning a rear with a wire brush. It was a long week.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #822
Small update today.
Did a little more painting. mainly inside the upper spring, and torque boxes.

I'll probably put another coat on everything under the back end tomorrow, and start working on the new rear.
So yes, things have slowed down on the car progress, but I have an excuse.
I ran gas line, and installed a furnace last week. I hate being cold when I work.
Not bad for free. ;) (Need to do more cleaning too)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #823
Wheres the heat come in ? I see circles are they all open?.
Did you here gas went up!. Not that there not much more of an option.

Reply #824
Are we there yet.....?

I can honestly say that after this project I will never see any reason to s my car.:bowdown:  It would literally have the front bumper touching the rear. Even then I think it would be a cool lawn ornament.... Yeah so what if my family was from Arkansas.....:mullet:
1986 Cougar LS