Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160696 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #840
I think the front are a true 11", and require a 15 inch rim. The stock 15" rims came on mustangs, including gt's. The gt's are where we get 11" brakes, so yeah.

I don't think the rears are any bigger then a 10" brake drum, so I would think it would fit, but I'm not totally sure. I had 10" drums with a 14" rim, but drums don't have calipers.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #841
Survey Says YES
14s fit on a 8.8 with a 1/2" to spare.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #842
I thought they might but wasn't sure.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #843
14's won't fit on a lincoln mark vii rear.  I know that from experience.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #844
Aren't they 5 lug to start with?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #845
The 84-90 Mark VII uses much larger brakes in the rear.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #846
Just doing a little more painting.

Did a bunch of pounding on the dust shields to make them look normal again. They were pretty mangled

I'll probably get to put a 2nd coat of paint on everything tomorrow.
And mabe install the battle boxes if things go good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #847
Sorry, they were that way. They look good now!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #848
Quote from: Kitz Kat;255581
Sorry, they were that way. They look good now!

Wasn't worried about them, there's no way to put that thing down, and not mangle them without taking them off anyway.
Those shields are built for a tank. never seen anything so thick before.
I'm also kinda digging the 2 tone paint. I wasn't sure about it when I did it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #849
It will look good under the car with all the new parts.
I was happy when mine went in.

Reply #850
Battle box time
BTW.... they suck to put in

this is where the hole should be

so I had to add a little

then painted them

While those were drying, I had to do a little modifying on these

Then had 1 hell of a time installing them

Here's where the new hole is now

This was before the new hole was drilled

Here's an inside view of the backing plates

I don't recommend installing these unless you can do some modifying and welding
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #851
you can bend brakeline with your hands man. those tools are garbage. flaring tools are good, but the  bending tools are junk... I'd rather use a bix end wrench and my hands :D

Reply #852
where were those bought from?
1987 TC

Reply #853
They're wild rides Battle boxes.. for a mustang
I battled all day with those  things.
I guess it could have been worse.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #854
Could you say we'd be better off making our own instead?
1987 TC