Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160720 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #780
Quote from: dominator;251694
Weird how the battle boxes for the stang don't line up at the control arm holes eh???
I had enough material on mine that i just redrilled the holes lower down and bolted them in.
Didn't get a set of uppers though.

Yea, what's up with that . LOL
the uppers need about an inch added to them, and then a hole drilled for the arm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #781
Like I said before, CRAZY!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #782
I Concur
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #783
Quote from: vinnietbird;251654
Try putting the camera in a zip loc bag to take the pics,or wrap a piece of saran wrap around it.Worked for me.

Jerry, what kind of camera?  Basic P & S or SLR?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #784
It's an old canon Powershot S200 .......2 whole mega pixels.
It's my work camera. I'd take a pic of it, but well... I'd need another camera. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #785
And I swear, I'm not crazy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #786
Quote from: daminc;251842
And I swear, I'm not crazy

You do know crazy people don't admit they got a problem.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #787
Here's a couple pics of a quick go over with the blaster.
It seems I have to do this, or else I get surrounded by a dense rust fog, and have to stop because I can't see.
You can also see the back end of my SFCs. The insides still need to be welded to the subframe. (other side is welded already)

This one I started to blast for real. It's starting to clean up nice. I only spent about 10 min. on this part

I'm sure you already figured this, so I'll just confirm that I ordered the upper and lower arms last night. I got the Cougar/tbird set from CHE. They look pretty nice. ;)

That's all for today I'll be blasting tomorrow. Stay tuned
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #788
Im suprised you have not build your own Rotisserie to put your car on.

Reply #789
I'll have one for the next car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #790
I got to ask how many hours do you have in to this?
Bubba you crazy.

Reply #791
I stopped counting during the summer.
I figured every time I posted progress, I was only working on it for 1-1/2 hrs. on an average. sometimes it's only a 1/2 hour. I really don't spend a lot of time on it.
Removing the rear was the longest I worked on it since summer. about 2-1/2 hrs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #792
:jerry: :jerry:

Quote from: Kitz Kat;251813
Like I said before, CRAZY!!

You not crazy, you insane!!!  And we love you for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #793
Quote from: Kitz Kat;251867
I got to ask how many hours do you have in to this?
Bubba you crazy.

I think that question is way out of line LOL:punchballs:
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #794
I decided to start blasting, but didn't get very far. I couldn't keep much heat in the place and vent the dust from the blasting. I did this much and said I'm way to cold to do this today. only made it to 9 deg. today. It's still progress.
I hear it's supposed to be a little warmer next week anyway

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook