Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160749 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #765
I think i'm going too blast and toss the old ones back in with the old rear, until I find a TC rear end. then I'll change everything. it can be done anytime after the car is done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #766
Do the upgrade jerry,got my che non adjustable ones for about 215.00cdn shipped (uppers and lowers) when i bought them a few years ago.
Super nice quality and they come with all new hardware.
Plus the ride and stability is much improved with them.

Reply #767
I was just looking at that set. I'll probably get them.
I also got my upper and lower t-box kit on the way. should be here by the time i'm done blasting. I think I'm going to cut the other spring to match the broken one. the car always sat to  high anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #768
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;251239
Take one of the control arms and clamp one end in a vice, then stick a screwdriver through the other end and twist the control arm. When you see how easy they are to twist you'll really want to upgrade, if not at least box 'em. I couldn't believe the lack of torsional strength in the stock arms. I think with the uppers you probably wouldn't need a vice to twist it, you could probably twist it by wringing it like an old rag...

This probably explains why the ass end of my T-bird hops all around when I stomp on it from a stop :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #769
Quote from: daminc;251236
You know, every time I go in there, I think the same thing.
I wish I could just buff it up and clear coat it. LOL

Does anybody have an extra flux capacitor?

I know a guy that collects delorens, he got 3 of them one is gold plated.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #770
Buy the lowers, I'll give you a deal on the uppers.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #771
Quote from: Kitz Kat;251386
Buy the lowers, I'll give you a deal on the uppers.

I feel my wallet getting lighter, LOL
PM me when you get a chance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #772
Today's update consists of me sing the loose rust off the rest of the back end, and making another plastic blast booth.
I thought about taking a pic of it again, but after seeing it before, I'm sure you get the idea this time around.
It's ready to blast.
Mabe tomorrow afternoon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #773
Not lighter. Flames not good lol,

Reply #774
got this today. I also see that I have to do a little modifying to make them work. they're close though.
I have to do a little lengthening on the 2 on the top left, and a little modifying on the 2 on the bottom right. :D

I also started blasting the rest of the underside. No pics on that. to dusty for the camera. Last time I took pics after that. the lens wouldn't close. I'll wait till I get done with that, and get a coat of paint under there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #775
Try putting the camera in a zip loc bag to take the pics,or wrap a piece of saran wrap around it.Worked for me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #776
How are you going to clean up the inside of the rear subframe rails?

Reply #777
believe it or not, I see paint in there.
I'm as going to spray the insides.
Remember I cut the floor open inside behind the back seat....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #778
the rest i'll clean out, and treat it using a flexible undercoating gun and wand with zero-rust.
Here you can see that there's just surface rust, and no major scaling or rotting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #779
Weird how the battle boxes for the stang don't line up at the control arm holes eh???
I had enough material on mine that i just redrilled the holes lower down and bolted them in.
Didn't get a set of uppers though.