Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160758 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #735
I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
I did a little painting today.

That's all for today.
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.
On with the project.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #736
Great to see that your back Jerry!!!!!!!!!!Now on with the show!!!!!!!!;)
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #737
WOO-HOO !!!!!!!!!! What are you planning today with the Cougar?It's supposed be nearly 70 here.If so,I'm painting the trim on the Bird.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #738
Sorry, no fun with the Cougar today, Had to work.
Next I'll just be putting another coat of paint on, and mabe the tank supports. Then I'll be working my way down to the front.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #739
In all the excitement and confusion, I forgot that it was the one year mark for my project.
A lot has changed since I began one year ago ,and it looks like the hard part is finally done.
Thanks for sticking around, and we'll be seeing some crazy stuff from this point forward.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #740
How much more crazy can it get, It's past crazy!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #741
how bout wild! But its some awsome work. And i know you have givin me confidence in doing my own rust repair. I know im going to be consulting you here soon enough.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #742
Wow good to see you back in the game man! Expect a visit from me pretty soon after I return from Hungary.

Reply #743
Quote from: Cougar8775;249444
how bout wild! But its some awsome work. And i know you have givin me confidence in doing my own rust repair. I know im going to be consulting you here soon enough.

Still need to replace your rockers?
Have you found any?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #744
Quote from: baxo;249446
Wow good to see you back in the game man! Expect a visit from me pretty soon after I return from Hungary.

Cool, It'll get done quicker if you help. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #745
Quote from: Kitz Kat;249419
How much more crazy can it get, It's past crazy!!

LOL
Where exactly did I pass crazy? I must have missed it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #746
Quote from: daminc;249481
LOL
Where exactly did I pass crazy? I must have missed it.

The day you said I'm goin to do this. I am trying to get you there. I am impressed. Really don't mean much though.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #747
 come to think of it I started mine on Dec. 6, 2007 the day after I raced my car and ran a 12 flat. I think I did pretty well considering the car was in the same primer for 7 years lol
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #748
well on my drivers side it goes alot farther than just the rockers. The inner structure needs reparing as well. same with the passenger side. And im still on the hunt with no luck. And tax time just around the corner when i will have the cash to get everything to make my cougar beautiful again. And remember how you thought i had a possible bent crankshaft to be breaking ballencers... Well that checked out to be within tollarence issued by ford.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #749
Quote from: Cougar8775;249444

Your not the only one!! :)