Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160531 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #435
Not that anyone would know or care, but Jerry, your progress is making me look really bad, lol. Keep it up!!
1987 TC

Reply #436
Thanks man,yea she's a handfull LOL.

Reply #437
Awesome work my friend !!!!! When you're finished,you need to put the car in a big glass box for display only.You'll die if some nut t-bones the Cat.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #438
You know if that happened, I would try to fix it, Right?
They would also have to bend my frame. I still need to tie them both together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #439
Well I would hope with that mack truck frame--I mean subframe connectors that it oughta be about indestructible LOL.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #440
its comming along jerry. man like stated before your making even me look bad since my cougar is just sitting in my driveway collecting dust dirt and now snow lol. I know too early to say that word.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #441
In Buffalo, snow is an everyday word.
And yes, I did see snow yesterday and today.

Got to do some aligning today.

This will move over when I get the screws out from under the lip.

So with everything in the right place now. All I have to do is mark the panel and cut it.

And more fitting

This is where we are today.
The magnets are holding the panel.
Here you can see the space between the door and 1/4 panel

This weekend, I'll weld the rocker and jamb. Next is getting ready to weld the 1/4 panel. Then my car will have almost 100% rust free body panels. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #442
Can't be to much left of the donor car.Your getting there.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #443
Quote from: kitzdnm;240176
Can't be to much left of the donor car.Your getting there.

I haven't touched the parts bird yet. So far, everyone has used more parts from it then me. LOL
I got the quarters from FLSTCI71 last november during his Cleveland parts run. If I didn't have to replace so much of the car, (which I didn't expect :hick: ) They would have been on before this past summer.
I'm going to get the panel welded on this side, then probably pull the motor for the winter. Fixing the front frame and working on the 302 from the bird will give me something to do during the winter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #444
i tell all my car buddies about this thread,,, most replies are "that guy is insane". We pulled up your thread on my laptop while I was down in Az doing a solar project,, it was a lunch break conversation with comcast.  The whole bunch of us was in a big huddle in the shade under a tree so we could see the pics,,, amazing.

one thing we all have in common though is we realize not to complain about projects anymore!:bowdown:  It doesnt get any more trying than this.

Reply #445
It really puts things very much in perspective. There's always a car better than you, there's always one worse......and there's always some guy that will jump right OVER you as they restore their vehicle :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #446
You know by this time you could have just made it a vert ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #447
Quote from: thunderjet302;240224
You know by this time you could have just made it a vert ;)

if anyone could,, id hand pick this man!!

Reply #448
Man.. Having this progress up close in person.. on the other side the rear quarter that he's already done, if you run your hand across it, you can't even tell there's been a new piece welded on.. Never mind Jerry making his own convertible.. he should come across the falls more often and help me work on mine!

Reply #449
Thanks for the compliments guys, But it would be near impossible and very costly to make it into a convertible. I would pretty much need another cougar convertible to get all the custom made parts from. and there aren't exactly a bunch of them rolling around North America any more.

Alex, if you get a garage that has a little more room in it, I'll give you a hand. But I may be lost on that one, you have no rust. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook