Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161063 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2745
Quote from: vinnietbird;354560
Jerry,I have to question some of the members you allow in this house.LOL.

What are you going to ask them?..... :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2747
A house divided cannot stand. Unless its a single wide.:dunno:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2748
Quote from: daminc;354565
What are you going to ask them?..... :rollin:

It's about a homicide.....they're killing me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2749
Any progress planned for the Cougar today? I want to get my valve covers on, and get the Sport washed and waxed. I guess I'm going to have to take a couple of vacation days so I can get something finished. Time is hard to come by.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2750
Nope, still takin care of Sheila after surgery.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2751
More stuff came today... Gotta love an open box sale at BBK.... almost half price for this..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2752
shweet
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2753
Very nice !!! Now, just a few more exhaust pieces, some fasteners, and you're set !!! I remember when I got the new X-Pipe. I had to look at it for a while. I love new parts. Even new "used" parts. I cut the pegs for mounting off of my X-Pipe. Trying to get them in that bracket was always more trouble than I felt like dealing with. Never had an issue with them gone. I still have to get new lers, but spent the ler money on a new wheel and two new front tires for the Sport.LOL. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Reply #2754
hey, can I paint these pipes with high heat paint? ore will it burn off still
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2755
If you do it right (cook it like you're supposed to) it should be fine. I've heard of people painting headers with not having problems so you're H pipe should be ok.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2756
I'd bet the paint will burn of eventually. My X-Pipe still looks good after about 4 or 5 years. No rust.BUT, with the small amount of driving you'll do, the paint may work. I'd use the best high heat stuff you can find though.

Reply #2757
As long as the car isn't driven in snow/salt it should be fine. My 2.5" H-pipe is 4 years old and looks like new.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2758
Yea, your probably right.... It won't even get wet often
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2759
Quote from: daminc;355392
More stuff came today... Gotta love an open box sale at BBK.... almost half price for this..

Exact same H-pipe that I have on my 'bird!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube