Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161060 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2715
HEY !!! Get with Loaded87IROC. He posted pics of some 5.0 cars. He has access to the fuel lines (he's in Nevada).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2716
Quote from: vinnietbird;349736
HEY !!! Get with Loaded87IROC. He posted pics of some 5.0 cars. He has access to the fuel lines (he's in Nevada).

10-4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2717
Quote from: daminc;349731
Nope....If it's not bright and sunny, they don't leave the garage... I've used the wipers once on the vert so far.. because it was raining a bit when I took it for inspection

I love driving mine on a nice summer night. That 'vert would be a great summer night crusier.

I actually used the wipers on mine for the first time in 4 years last summer. I was amazed they still worked :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2718
No night cruising here with the top down..... To many sandflies...I'd have to wear goggles...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2719
got my Christmas present today...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2720
That is sweet!!!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #2721
Sweet !!! I want one. I have an Explorer intake in the garage I'm thinking about trying to polish similar to yours.....without copying. I like that on your engine.....I say that with tears in my eyes.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2722
is it to shiny compared to the rest?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2723
To be honest... I think if that's the only polished part under the hood, with a polished plate on top of it (as it is now), I think it's well balanced with the black and silver,and polished upper in the middle. If you leave the valve covers silver,but polished the fins and top of the lettering, that would also look great,and be easy to do.

Reply #2724
I was thinking about making the fins and ford logos black... what you guys think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2725
thats the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.:barf:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2726
I'm saying black in the low areas,polished on the high areas. My own opinion. You have to follow your own path on this though.

Reply #2727
Polish the Tb and spacer,It will look like one big air cleaner. I like the idea about polishing the tops on the vc's to. Or you can rattle can fake chrome on the whole top end!lol.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2728
You can polish the top of the fins in less than an hour for both valve covers.

Reply #2729
got the fuel lines today. That long search is now over..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook