Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161054 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2700
Quote from: sarjxxx;349475
......except that would require you to put a v6 back in it:evilgrin:

Pop go the head gaskets ;).

I though he was going to supercharge the 5.0 that's in the car.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2701
shhhhhhhhh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2702
Quote from: vinnietbird;336775
The 3G is a great alternator. The stock one barely can handle the load.With the 3G,I can have the heater on,all of the lights (and fog lights) stereo,defroster,and no dimming head lights at all.Plenty of juice when the car needs it.It's a 30 minute to an hour job from start to finish.One of those " I wish I'd done this years ago" kind of jobs.

my stock one could handle all that stuff and a subwoofer....

till now that its gone bad and drains my battery and wont even charge it when running....:rolleyes:
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2703
I'm mot a power user...and the defroster and lights will probably never be switched on again.. the only time I used the lights on the vert in 2 years, is when I have it inspected every year...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2704
You don't use the lights? Even I drive my T-bird at night.

I still run a stock alternator. I have an aftermarket head unit but the rest of the electronics are stock. I have no problem with the power even with the head lights and A/C on. Plus a 3G doesn't look stock. Not that the rest of my engine bay is stock....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2705
I put a 3g in my car only because I have seen the 2g  melted wire carnage before .  Preventive measures :)
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2706
2g's been on cars for years, They work for stock. I wouldn't of changed mine if I wasn't running a elect. fan.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2707
I did it because I had got 3 free ones. The electric fan came along a lot later.....like 3 years later. I'm happy with the 3G. As I said though,I run the stereo,heater,defroster,lights,fog lights......
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2708
Actually Vinnie, I put it in before to,only because it was another upgrade. ic can do that anytime, We need to see this thing on the road, with video!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2709
I can second that.

P.S.....Kitz....my replacement valve covers are in route to me....you know what that means !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2710
Quote from: vinnietbird;349716
I can second that.

P.S.....Kitz....my replacement valve covers are in route to me....you know what that means !!!

that you get to pull your intake again??? lol

Reply #2711
Need to see under them anyway. That's Why ic got the covers he has now. I wish
I could of used them.

Reply #2712
No,my current chromed aluminum covers go to Kitz. My intake will be staying for quite a while....or until I decide to polish and mod another Explorer intake.

Jerry,Most of the final assembly on the engine is done,correct? How's the wiring for it so far?

Reply #2713
Quote from: thunderjet302;349696
You don't use the lights? Even I drive my T-bird at night.

Nope....If it's not bright and sunny, they don't leave the garage... I've used the wipers once on the vert so far.. because it was raining a bit when I took it for inspection
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2714
Quote from: vinnietbird;349728
Jerry,Most of the final assembly on the engine is done,correct? How's the wiring for it so far?

The intake needs to be bolted on, and I need to find replacement fuel lines of under the hood... Nothings wired yet, And the headers are just hand tight for fitment right now. I still have to bolt the aod X-member on too (after I find some long ass bolts) so basically.....I haven't touched it since the motor got bolted in... which is just finger tight too.  lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook