Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161059 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2730
AHA now the cougar will roar
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #2731
So, you should be able to actually start the car by.....say....tomorrow at supper time?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2732
That's right Vinnie..... I SHOULD, but I don't think it will happen... Have to take Sheila to the Dr tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2733
Sweet! I'm glad you where able to get the final piece to the puzzle.

Reply #2734
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;354470
Sweet! I'm glad you where able to get the final piece to the puzzle.

Thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2735
I like the intake and valve covers. A little splash of black on the VC's would be nice.

Fuel lines look great! Can't wait to see you are driving it again. Awesome resto project.

Reply #2736
we are almost at 302 pages...would be nice to end on a good note to match the cubic inch.

I really have a hard time looking at the original car and knowing there isnt much of a sign if any it use to be white.
This is a killer resto project, none better.

Reply #2737
Jerry, what lers are you using?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2738
Quote from: jcassity;354488
we are almost at 302 pages...would be nice to end on a good note to match the cubic inch.

I really have a hard time looking at the original car and knowing there isnt much of a sign if any it use to be white.
This is a killer resto project, none better.

we can stretch it to page 306 then... the only way to find white now, would be to be to remove  the front side kick panels,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2739
Quote from: vinnietbird;354494
Jerry, what lers are you using?

not really sure yet. I want it quiet though.... Thinking maybe warlocks.... they're quiet until romped on.  I saw a nice 2 piece H-pipe too, with no cats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2740
Warlocks are what I'm going to put on the car. i loved them on the other Bird.....unless I change my mind, but I don't change my mind very often.

Reply #2741
Quote from: vinnietbird;354518
....unless I change my mind, but I don't change my mind very often.

this is the funniest thing I have read in weeks
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2742
Quote from: hypostang;354523
this is the funniest thing I have read in weeks

What's that supposed to mean? LOL.

Reply #2743
^ haha that is a good one! lol!!

Reply #2744
Jerry,I have to question some of the members you allow in this house.LOL.