Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160993 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1545
What type of filler are you using?  I could never get mine to lay down that smooth.

Reply #1546
I always use a short strand waterproof filler for along the weld lines, and then a light weight filler on top of that.
I usually use duraglass. and was looking for some EverCoat Rage. But I couldn't find anything smaller then a gallon. the whole car will take about a quart of filler, so I ended up getting the Napa brand (Martin Seymour). It smooths out pretty nice, and sands quick.
I guess I'll see how the durability will be in the long run.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1547
I stripped the paint off the rest of the car today.

And started a little filler on this side.

Still needs some filling, but It's a start.
If you think about it, there's not really a lot of filler going on this car.

That's all for today.
Tomorrows another day
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1548
OOOOOO ahHHHHHHHHhh,... i love seeing cars with bare metal all over..... makes them look brand new.... Welll at least till it rusts!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1549
Rusts???????.............. Not on my watch............ Never again..... LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1550
thats awesome work man!

Reply #1551
Quote from: baxo;283971
thats awesome work man!

Thanks,
Just wait, it,s gonna get awsomer before the end of the week. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1552
Here's all I got to say :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: is Da Man !!

Reply #1553
Looking good :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1554
Since I stripped all the paint off the car, I started getting some rust on it. So I decided to get rid of any new rust, and spray some slick sand on the bare metal, to protect it while I finish the body work.

I hope to spray the hood tomorrow, and move to the drivers side by the end of the week. That side is starting to surface rust too in spots.

In case your wondering, Slick Sand is a high build polyester, used to smooth out panels and get the surface flat. Basically it's a spray-able body filler.

Don't judge the body work by this picture. The 1/4 still has to be filled.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1555
that car will be  mint forever..... Nice family heirlumb... or however you spell it.....
[/IMG]

Reply #1556
LMFAO!!!!!!! I love the way it looks now too!!!!!! hahahaha...
[/IMG]

Reply #1557
slick sand must be the same as k2 just a diferent color.that what my car is in right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1558
Quote from: BEARMAX;284128
slick sand must be the same as k2 just a diferent color.that what my car is in right now

Almost, It's not a primer, just a filler.
I'll epoxy it after I board it, and flatten it. This stuff is a little easier to sand then a high build primer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1559
With you getting it in primer we can't tell how many cars went into the build. Lookin good!