Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160527 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1035
Oh, you guys....
Back end of the car. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1036
Quote from: daminc;260206

Seems the back end passes with flying colors.

Atleast you didnt say my. that would have been a sig quote.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1037
No pics of mine, pretty boring stuff, just 2 bars and chuck's seat bracket. I'll leave the serious pics to you.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1038
Jerry, keep an eye on those Canuckistanis.
There's a reason why they call it "back bacon". ;)

Reply #1039
Quote from: daminc;260206
Seems the back end passes with flying colors

:nannerbang: :nannerbang: :disappoin

Reply #1040
OK guys, let keep it on track with the project.
It gets a lot of views from other people on the net besides us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1041
Yeah all joking aside the progress on it is fenominal, considering all the other crazy stuff Jerry gets accomplished during any particular week!

Reply #1042
Oh yeah. I was saying just the other day its crazy all he has gotten done. I am completely amazed.

Reply #1043
just to keep everyone up to date.....
I've been remodeling the basp00get this week. Making a media room, recording studio, and another kitchen/craft room.
so here's a small update. Since the weather was so cold, I didn't bother to try to heat the garage, and I knew the weather would warm up this weekend. So this is all I did. you can kinda get the idea of what I'm doing here.
It was real hard to find the size tubing that I needed that would slip around the original frame and extend up to the sheet metal on the towers, so I have to do a little welding to make it look like the original.
Got everything tacked and ready to go. It's hard to get a good shot of all the angles on the piece.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1044
Wow, thats nuts!  This car will be really something when its done.  Freakin' awesome fabrication skills man.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #1045
About time, I was goin to belly ache you for pics.
Your going to need cargo springs at this rate.lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1046
Forget springs,just weld the a-frames and rear end stationary.Who needs cushion?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1047
Might as well, I doubt there will be any twist in that car.
Wait is there a big block in the future.

Reply #1048
It should be a bit stronger then the old one. I figured, no sense going all the way, the frame past the wheels pretty much only holds the bumper on. It's 1/8" steel. the original frame only seems to be about 16 ga. ----mabe 15 ga.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1049
i noticed earlier you kept the metal part on the car that gave you the original orientation of the K member bolt locaitons.

to drill the holes out on the bottom of the angle and find the right spot,  i would insert a magnetic parts pick up tool down through the upper hole and let it stick to the angle iron down inside.
next i would get me a small round refridgerator magnet and attach it to the bottom of the angle iron.  it will center itself on the other magnet. Now you could trace around the refridgerator magnet for the hole location on the bottom and drill straight up.

you gonna reuse the old collers that were inside there or just some other round stock?