Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160526 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1020
Quote from: jcassity;259826
i smell the sent of some 2''x 4'' tube steel.

your sniffer must be a little off today. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1021
Armor plating?Bullet proof really is the way to go these days.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1022
What kind of paint are you going to do on it?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1023
Paint?
which part?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1024
Just have truck bed liner sprayed all over it instead of painting it.With all of the chassis work,and rubber paint,you'd be unstoppable !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1025
Rubber would be cool, It would save time in the waxing dept.
It would be like driving a giant super ball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1026
I went back and looked at the beginning of your project and your car has come a loooooooong way. Keep it up, it make me excited to start mine.

Reply #1027
Quote from: 86XR7project;259946
I went back and looked at the beginning of your project and your car has come a loooooooong way.

I bet that was a long read.
Thanks, I'm glad my little project helps motivate others. Wait till you see the next one after this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1028
Jerry, On that next project you need to have a film crew on hand to tape it because you never know who's gonna watch this dude. :poke:

Reply #1029
Maybe I should of said what type system are you going with.like base and clear or something no ones ever heard of!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1030
ahh, I see.
I'm probably going to use BC/CC. I'm going to start with the engine compartment when I'm done fixing it, so the motor can go back in, and I can finish the rest of the body work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1031
Took me 2 years to put my sub frames in yesterday, only melted 1 fuel evap line, but there finally in.A far cry from what your doing or did.

Reply #1032
It should be drivable by next week then,right?

Reply #1033
Quote from: Kitz Kat;260106
Took me 2 years to put my sub frames in yesterday, only melted 1 fuel evap line, but there finally in.A far cry from what your doing or did.

And I bet you didn't take a picture..............

A couple of pics today. Here's the passenger side frame repair.
So far the other side seems to be Ok.
This side had a little rot underneath the frame, so i decided to cut out the entire end for replacement.
my plan is to replace the frame first, then rebuild the tower and surrounding metal

I also had my work inspected today, Seems the back end passes with flying colors, and the front is coming along great.
baxo say's 2 thumbs up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1034
Quote from: daminc;260206

I also had my work inspected today, [COLOR="Magenta"]Seems the back end passes [/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]with flying colors[/COLOR], and the front is coming along great.
baxo say's 2 thumbs up

TMI gross:shakeass:
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears