Skip to main content
Topic: what spark plugs should i get? (Read 3487 times) previous topic - next topic

what spark plugs should i get?

i need new spark plugs so my father said he would buy me new ones. so i was just wondering what the best type was. :hick:
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #1
Autolites
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

Reply #2
NGKs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #4
NGK here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #5
Just stay away from champions. 
Ford motorcraft are also good.

Reply #6
autolite
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #7
Quote from: Innes;187780
Just stay away from champions. 
Ford motorcraft are also good.

Quote from: blu84302;187788
autolite

Both are the same plug ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
NGK!!!!
dont bother with the 4 pr0ng and platnium ones. Some times they do more harm then good. Burn the piston tops all to hell.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #9
Quote from: thunderjet302;187798
Both are the same plug ;)

From what I have read on the internets, Autolite manufactures the Motorcraft plug to Motorcraft specifications. These specifications are different than the Autolites and thus they are two different plugs.

Reply #10
Standard copper plugs are the best.

Reply #11
where can i buy NGK's at? what is the number for the type of spark plug i need?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Reply #12
TR55-1 O'Reilly's should carry them
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #13
ok, thank you. how much do they run?

Reply #14
around $1.89/ea
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast