Skip to main content
Topic: NY road salt (Read 3345 times) previous topic - next topic

NY road salt

Reply #31
Last Year's winter =:/
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

NY road salt

Reply #32
Vantage08-- thats bird abuse, you must be closer to NY.

It looks like you have fun winters too.

We should all post some pics of what winter looks like where we all live. I'm kinda interested to see winter across the U.S. is like.

Jan. and feb. would be good months to compare.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #33
Yah i'm about 45 min NW of Philly..it's gets nipy here lol.
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

NY road salt

Reply #34
Quote from: Vantage08;188214
Last Year's winter =:/

Hey it looks like Chicago in Jan :hick:

Salt is EVIL :evilgrin:

My 88 T-bird is sitting in a garage under a car cover till April so it doesn't look like you salt flavored T-bird ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

NY road salt

Reply #35
Well, it was our first official snow of the year.

----------Pics are under winter 2007-------------
Also there are bad pics of my christmas lights. the camera doesn't pick up good in low lighting situations. it was the first Canon powershot ever made. almost 7 years old now. back when 2 megapixels were out of everyones grasp.

anyway got snow covered pics of the back, side yard and house.
Pics were taken 7:00 am sunday, before it melted

I can't link the pictures from my site to this post because there flash.
I'll putting them on my ftp server also from now on so i can link them
As usual here's the site link.
http://www.daminc.myjalbum.net/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #36
I think this is it Guys

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #37
Tonight is supposed to be our real first snow into tomorrow and more on Tues..should be fun! I get to test out the FWD lol.

NY road salt

Reply #38
Freezing rain and brisk winds are what I woke up to this morning.
When I let my dog out to go do her thing, she almost busted her butt on the porch.

Usually we have one or 2 good heavy snows, and several rounds of ice/freezing rain.
Tornadoes aren't so bad, if one becomes educated on safety, and takes a few spotter classes.
Although I generally like the weather here, the humidity in the summer can be pretty suffocating, all in all, it's not that bad.
I remember one time when I was with my dad in Minnesota, the fuel in the tanks of his semi gelled up, had to have a tow to a shop where we spent roughly 3 days while they pumped the tanks, purged lines, injectors, etc. Was an unplanned trip, and didn't get winterized fuel, blah blah.

They dump enough salt on the roads here to preserve mummies, but it causes cancer for Birds and Cats :hick:
Myself...give me the salt on my fries!
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

NY road salt

Reply #39
Salt is coming to Long Island tomorrow night.  The freezing mix is coming...
-John Fordham

1993 Cougar XR7 302 HO AOD
245,000 miles and still running strong

2005 F-150 FX4 SuperCab 5.4L

NY road salt

Reply #40
It looks like we're just going to skate by with freezing rain/rain (or **ice**), but it's like always--north and west of the city, snow, south and east of the city, mix/rain. In my case I'm southwest along the river, so it's a shoot. The best forecast for me is usually to look at both Philly and Wilmington and split the difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

NY road salt

Reply #41
This morning we got about 5" of snow It's time to break out the old 1982 toro. Can't believe it still runs. Still starts on the first pull. I'll get some pics later
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook