Skip to main content
Topic: NY road salt (Read 3349 times) previous topic - next topic

NY road salt

Reply #15
That's the reason I moved back to Texas, screw the cold and the snow and the salt and the stupid snow plow drivers that knock over your mail box, Oh the X-wife too. If I see another snowman, I'm knocking it's head off....sorry for the rant, feel better now....Going outside now, can you say shorts and T-shirt?...hahahahahaha.
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

NY road salt

Reply #16
Quote from: Innes;187781
keep it up your g people off:beatyoass:

Yeah dammit!!! I'd kill for a winter like that.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

NY road salt

Reply #17
Yeah but if it snows where you live you learn to become a drift car driver, know how to drive out of a skid, and you can do doughnuts in a front wheel drive car :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

NY road salt

Reply #18
Quote from: thunderjet302;187805
Yeah but if it snows where you live you learn to become a drift car driver, know how to drive out of a skid, and you can do doughnuts in a front wheel drive car :hick:

Yea, specially when you have huge parking lots to play in, specially if you work 2nd shift :burnout:

It's kinda nice here in Iowa, it's a mix of salt on the highways and sand in town.  Plus, I live down the street from the hospital, so my street is always clean.

NY road salt

Reply #19
I suppose this is the case for more than just myself, but I remember the days when the snow was a lot more fun than it is now.  Living in Wyoming, there is always the jokes about walking to school in 5 feet of snow (uphill both ways, of course!), white-out conditions, 40 below zero being a warm day...lol.

One of my favorite snow activities when I was a teen was when a bunch of us would get some old hood off a car, attach it with a tow rope to somebody's truck, and take of thru the fields of snow with anywhere from 4-6 of us riding on the upside down hood.  Yes...we're all "red" here too...even in the nasty North, lol.  A regular sled just wouldn't do, we had to put our own twist on it.

Back to the original post, we don't use salt here, thankfully.  But we use a lot...and I mean A LOT of sand.  Which is good, but has it's bad points too.  With how the wind blows here at times, the windshields start looking pretty sandblasted.

NY road salt

Reply #20
Quote from: screaming306;187774
daminc, what the hell makes you think that is fun ?????? the worst winter we had was some snow flurries that melted as soon as they hit the ground.  now that is cold for us.

Believe me. after a month of snow, It gets old fast. Esp. when you work outside in it. winter is great if you like the snow. a lot of my friends and family have moved south because of the weather. personally me and my wife like the snow and the seasons.
We also have an advantage living here. My wife works from home and i'm self employed. so i don't have to go to work if the weather is bad. We could stay in the house for weeks if we wanted.

Christmas would never be right without snow. thats how we were raised. a lot of you never get to experience things like that in life. like when i go to arizona and my shoes stick to the road. What's so great about that. It's too fricken hot (but it's a dry heat I hear).

Its all about where your raised. I can deal with snow.
I couldn't deal with hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, flooding, droughts.
I have to say, that if you don't live in NY than you have more balls than me to deal with that stuff. My biggest worry is where to pile my snow in winter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #21
When my buddy from AZ teases me about MN winters, I always tell him, "We have 3 months of the year when it's too cold and you have 8 months of the year when it's too hot, do the math!." Over 80 is bad for me, over 90 is unbearable and a 100, well, that's just crazy. I could never live down south. I spent a summer in Atlanta and I'll take a MN winter over a southern summer ANY time. Like daminc said, it's all what you're used to....
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

NY road salt

Reply #22
well now there are good and bads to the winter. like all our theme parks down south florida are open year round, our dragstrips are too. as a technician i couldn't handle all the rust on the cars. i did some snooping around , i think most of all the members are northerners !!!!! yet the car condition section is better down here. only surface rust on most of them.

NY road salt

Reply #23
In keeping with the original post ---NY ROAD SALT--

the salt will be flying tonight
We're getting lake effect snow tonight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #24
Lake Effect Snow ??????  the salt will be flying ????? huh ???? must be a yankee thing. oh yeah is it true that most places up there don't serve sweet tea  ????  do you mix your runny eggs and sauage with grits all together then use the toast to soak up the yoke, and ketsup on hashbrowns.. now i'm hungry for denny's or waffle house.

NY road salt

Reply #25
what's a grit?

Haven't you heard about the ongoing cholesterol problem in the US?  lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #26
lol,lol,lol,  well okay so there are some differences....

NY road salt

Reply #27
One of my favorite movies.
Yor honna tha 2 yuetts-
Excuse me but what’s a yuet.

A wait daminc wants to keep it on the original post NY road salt
na this is getting fun

NY road salt

Reply #28
lol lol lol lol
I couldn't help myself. that setup was too good to be true
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

NY road salt

Reply #29
Bad news. It didn't snow. now i have to put up the christmas lights. no excuses now. anyone want to help? its only 26 feet up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook