Skip to main content
Topic: My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me. (Read 28142 times) previous topic - next topic

My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me.

Reply #195
thunderchicken is right about the value thing, now chucks answer is generally how it goes.

If you evaluate the car and produce reciepts, that plus the value of the car play into the amount owed to you.

I had an 84 which got crushed by a tree.  the agent was prepared with a check for 800 back in 92.

I told him "i had a great running car and i have done this and that",,"how am i going to find a great running car for 800?"

we sat down and went over my reciepts and such and the check ended up being 1800.  they sold the car to me for 200, i got a check for 1600 and kept the car.

I then turned around and sold body parts,, then finally the engine/trans for 600. 

I made a bunch of money off that ordeal and ended up with my white coug.

im gonna miss that car, it was an eyefull, but i liked the look nonetheless.

Reply #196
I know i gotta go thorugh that also but i got a big file of reciepts. The Aerobird-GT was only around 70% done maybe but if i live long enough i will rebuild it slighty nicer but about to the specs and the picture i had in my head for the overall car people young and old liked the car and it was always more than meets the eye Family has had the car for 11 years i will miss it much but All is not lost and many of the parts will be swapped into the Cougar so i can't take all of the past with me but i can keep a little of it down the road.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #197
Quote from: ZondaC12;209347
:giggle: HAHAHA nnnnnope guess I'm NEVER livin' that one down. And ya know whats the worst is its coming off now from many winter trips through the car wash. Fortunately they'll be replaced this year. :hick:

gee nobody told you that would happen did we? :rolleyes:

Reply #198
Quote from: Carpimp1987;209346
1988 Cougar XR7-buying car for $500 as is only 40-50miles away form where I live.

Faded Sliver

No motor but still has the AOD in it

one fender hit mailbox needs minor body work

8.8 rear end moser axles not sure what gears

1999 mustang brakes

5 lug swap does not have a full set of wheels so looking for some 2005 mustang V6 rims which are 16x7 to put my old tires onto.

Because of the car being sliver i want it to be a grey or sliver on the bottom and some other color on the top for a 2 tone custom look.

You know that an 88 xr7 did not come in silver, right?  Only black, red and white.  Either its been repainted, it's an 87 xr7 or an 88 LS.  Check the VIN against Eric's VIN info on Coolcats, or look for chrome mirrors and door handles.  Just an FYI

Reply #199
Thanks man would it have come in Grey? oh well even if it ends up being a LS i am just sick of driving rental cars and i want a car that is mine again thanks i will check the Vin. I hope it is a 87 then i don't have to change my name to carpimp1988.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #200
xjeffs, listed the 3 colours they came in '88...  no grey wasnt one of them...

Reply #201
So for cougars you have

Base model

LS model and XR7

Well i done hijacking threads.....i hope i hate the warnings got 2 so far i don't know much about the cougar i am getting but i am sure it will turn out a nice car when its all done.

but so far i still want sliver and green 2 tone and i am looking for a set of rims like 86yelow cougar had on his ride. also the white and blue one the 63 T-bird might work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #202
Two-tone can work on these cars if done tastefully. Eric's car is an example of two-tone done right with subtle, complimenting colours. 5.8FastCat's Cougar is an example of two-tone done right with "loud" contrasting colours.

Eric's got line-art drawings of 83-86 body style Cougars in the media section of Coolcats. Take those drawings and edit them in paint to work ideas. Just try to keep the two-tones in keeping with the lines of the car.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #203
There aren't many lines on these cars. which makes two tones tough. 
Maybe you can do the 50's Vette white blob behind the front fender

Reply #204
The T-birds have better lines which can allow for 3 colors even if i broke the paint up a lot more than anyone i know.

The cougar looks to be a 2 tone car and thats it flames don't look good they only thing i can see doing is 2 tone with a racing flag thing kind of like the newer Monte Carlos. Its not my car of chocie its just the best option i have at getting something kind of close to what i had and not having a "recondtioned car"

Yes i really like 5.8 fast cat's cougar but i will not copy it even if its done 99% perfect and looks just how i would of done it if i had been looking at cats insted of birds for years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #205
About the only way you get a good tue-tone look is to follow the factory style (look at mine in my sig). I would go with more than two colors on a Fox but that's just me.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #206
:iagree:
That seems like its about as good as you can get with a full 2 tone.

Or just do what you had before pretty much, use the side trim pieces as a divider for the 2 tone (looks better with ground effects imo).
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #207
there a 83-86 cougar that was for sale was 2 tone and the bottom was black and the car was a nice blue divided at the body trim line looked clean and so does ERIC's 2 tone coupe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #208
Quote from: Carpimp1987;209601
The T-birds have better lines which can allow for 3 colors even if i broke the paint up a lot more than anyone i know.

um NO, they dont...  unless of course you do it two tone and use a different colour as a divider, like 5.8fastcats...  orange and black seperated by silver.

Reply #209
The only line it has is the top corner of the fender.  They added the side molding to add the affect of body lines.