Skip to main content
Topic: My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me. (Read 28128 times) previous topic - next topic

My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me.

Reply #225
more wreck pictures but 1st one picture of engine bay before wreck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #226
and 3 more pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #227
So,where do you stand right now on replacing this car?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #228
1988 cougar XR7 to swap parts and use inusrance money on.

also heres my new DD car for $2,500 while the cougar is being bulit and hopefully for a long time after that.

1988 Ford Thunderbird

5.0 HO mustang engine
Mass air conversion
255lph fuel pump
AOD transmission rebuilt for performance
BBK coated equal length headers
X-pipe with Flowmaster duals
5-lug front rotors and spindles
8.8 posi differential with 3.73 gears - 5 lug
2001 mustang GT rims
Lowered suspension
Global West rear lower control arms
Less than 80K original miles.
Fully electric with stereo by Sal at AutoTint.
Car is in very nice condition. Only selling because I have too many other vehicles

so i should have a 88 T-bird and 88 Cougar XR7 if all works well.

Hopefully welcome to the good life my back my hurt but i may have 2 super nice fox body fords and still not owned a single mustang so for anyone selling your car you must be crazy or have way to many other cars.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #229
The T-bird is white so what color should i paint it under the trim line to 2 tone it later this summer? and what color should i powder coat the wheels if i get it?

all i will add to the 88 T-bird is a UPR cold air kit and my old flex fan and hopefully a set of SFC's with Chuck Ws Seat Braces so i will try and put less than $200 in mods on it untill its paid off now with engine swap and the miles before that it only has 84,000 miles on the 88 T-Bird so it should make a very nice DD untill i get the cougar XR7 bulit then i will just swap out every day or 2.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #230
white on black, or blue would look good, make sure the trim accents it, so do that black, or white.
do a silver, or dark grey on the wheels
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #231
the car is white

the inside is red the pinstripes are red so heres my idea.

Get the wheels painted White and paint the bottom red to make it match and it would be different form my last T-Bird.

Wheels cost about $30-35 each last time i checked

my cost paint and primer and clear coat maybe $100 or less for the bottom of the car so with that and the few mods i listed early it would be around $500 this year in it so i might spend another $800 in it just for this year.

So trying to keep the overall cost of the car around $3,500-4,000 for this year be nice and custom and paided off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #232
white wheels are a BITCH to keep clean
you want to go with a darker color. Just cause the interior is red doesnt mean the paint has to match.
Black bottom with a silver trim, silver or black or gunmetal wheels would look killer!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #233
Or i could paint bottom blue and top red leave the middle white and paint the wheels white that would work right?

just joking i am lazy so either White and black or White and red just something simple.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #234
You should play around with paint ideas in Forza2 on a the GNX. Then you could post up yout ideas for us to look at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #235
Ture let me do a few races buy like 5 of them post a few simple ones then a few over the edge customs Forza 2 is a good tool for custom paint ideas and also is a fun racing game.

After all the effort i put into my last T-bird i am keeping this one mostly stock looking to remind how my 87 was before i started changing everything on it. Besides the wheels and the pin stripe being red insted of blue this is my old car to one i remeber seeing everyday for almost 10 years before i fixed it up so i want to keep it to go back to the basic's. Also no fun to only have 1 car and try and fix it up and have to walk to work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #236
 it had to take a few last pics before i part out the car anyone need any inside parts or other random stuff just tell me.

TC wheels and almost new tires $200 + Shipping

most anything is for sale just ask but most of it goes in my new 88 cougar XR7 and a few parts go in my new 88 T-Bird.

Rest in peace well i still gotta take a lot of parts off but its getting closer to being hauled off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #237
Has the driver side rear 1/4 window got any cracks or dry rot on it?Also,I need the front tag holder off of the bumper cover.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #238
what color is the interior?
1987 TC

Reply #239
The inside is all blue i painted some of it black and some of it red but all the extra parts i won't use and might sell will be Blue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]