Skip to main content
Topic: My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me. (Read 28150 times) previous topic - next topic

My Aerobird GT-Car got wreck lady pulled out in front of me.

Reply #165
Quote from: HAVI;208896
IIRC, 4x4.25 5 lug.

fox stangs and t-birds have the same bolt pattern. it's the stock size t-bird tires that might promote a clearance issue.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #166
I was thinking tbirds/cougars....my bad.  (1993 coupe)

lol, I read Mustang now :punchballs:

been a long day.
1987 TC

Reply #167
If they would work be better than the wheels on the car i bet tires still got maybe 2 or 3 years left on them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #168
yes they will work, those rims are hideous though....  pony's would DEFINATLY look better.

Reply #169
heres a another idea for me

I may be able to swing up to A-town and pick up that rear. I've got an 88 cougar XR7 project car with a nice 8.8 with new moser 5lug axles in it, also has the complete 5lug front/rear brake setup with '99 rotors & alum. twin pot calipers...let me know and maybe I'll just sell the whole car as it is.

its faded sliver need 2 wheels and tires for no engine but still has the AOD for $500 and its less than a hour drive away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #170
as soon as i get a check for my car and buy it back i will drop the engine into a 1998 Cougar XR7 engine bay and top of the car painted bright green and the bottom of the car repainted a nice sliver looking for some 5 lug wheels since its converted over and ahs the 8.8 rearend not sure what gears but it will work out good i think if i buy this cougar.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #171
Alright man nice!!!! Glad to hear ya won't go too long without rollin' in a thundercat.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #172
I'm not following your plans.  What do you own?  What are you considering buying and what are you wanting to sell?

I know your looking at a 93 Mustang.  You own an 88 XR7?

Reply #173
Ok sorry i was going to get a 1993 mustang coupe but for $300 less i can get the 1988 cougar XR7 and the cougar would be a lot less work and has a few upgrades i did not even have on my T-Bird.

Who had the yellow 86 cougar with the 2005 mustang V6 rims on it again? I needed to ask if the ride was smooth and if the tires are about the right size and all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #174
Quote from: Carpimp1987;209010
.....top of the car painted bright green and the bottom of the car repainted a nice sliver...

jesus christ you go from ugly paint, to hideous...:toilet:  if your going to do that, buy the stang, and stop wrecking the nice cougars and birds!!!!:mad:
Quote from: Carpimp1987;209130

Who had the yellow 86 cougar with the 2005 mustang V6 rims on it again? I needed to ask if the ride was smooth and if the tires are about the right size and all.

that is Victors cougar...

Reply #175
That paint job might be good if you did it chip foose style and not carpimp style.
One 88

Reply #176
It might be even better if you went with a nice deep forest green with silver lower. One might even say "classy"...

...or better yet, the light sage green like Cougars2Go's '85 with a charcoal lower...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #177
my new neighbor works at a paint shop and said if they got extra paint he will send it my way hes got a fox body mustang coupe with a 331 storker engine moved in 2 days ago and said he might give me his Radiator and upgrade his. but i got a picture of a 1964 T-Bird so i can give you a better idea of about the colors i want. now if i can make a 3 color car look good its not like this will be that hard to do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #178
those look like the wheels I'm putting on my tbird.  Hopsters.

I've seen a newer grand am with a two tone top painted like that with a midnightish blue on top, and the factory medium blue below, down the road from me, maybe I'll get a pic.  It looks pretty good, IMO.  The body lines are somewhat similar to the mn12 birds, atleast looking at it from the left/right rear.  That green would be hard to get used to seeing on a newer vehicle without lots of chrome to set it off, IMO.
1987 TC

Reply #179
don't worry i got 20+ ideas for chrome rims
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]