Skip to main content
Topic: strongest 7.5 LSD? (Read 7478 times) previous topic - next topic

strongest 7.5 LSD?

i looked around but i couldnt find anything that said what the strongest 7.5 LSD was. is Auburn the strongest you can get for the 7.5 rear end?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #1
Why, if you don't mind... why are you going 7.5 insted of 8.8. And are you looking for a tought aftermarket unit or stock? 83-86 TC's had a l.5 TL unit in them.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #2
a factory ford t-lok would be fine for your application. my friend runs 11.2's and gets 1.5 60' on a 7.5" t-lok.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #3
Fila, because i dont have the money to buy a 8.8 right now.
the only t-loks i can find are for V-6. i have that and 3.73 gears in my room right now but i dont know how strong it is. i have 10.8inch tires in the back right now.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #4
the gear is also made for a V6.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #5
Check around for some pre-'87 TC rears.I had a TL from an '86 with the 7.5.Took everything I threw at it.No problems.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #6
What does a V6 have to do with anything? Just find your self a nice, used 83-86 TC and take the rear. For what you'll pay for a new auburn unit.. you can get a 7.5, new fluid have it installed

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #7
Detroit Truetracs change the failure mode to the ring/pinion. That's as strong as you can get.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #8
If you look around enough,bargains are out there.My 8.8 TL rear with 3.55's was $66.00.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #9
Run it till it won't go no more. the 7.5 is not all that weak.
I'm still running it,I do have a 8.8 on standby for it if it ever gives out or winter,which ever comes first.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #10
my 7.5 went through a lot last fall,and never showed any trouble.We did a few runs at the strip,then,did about 30 (yes,I said 30) wicked long burnouts on Main Street with the car clubs.I agree with Kitz.It's not as weak as people say.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #11
Youd break the rear before youd break the carrier.
It's Gumby's fault.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #12
All three of the 7.5's I had that grenaded, blew both the bearing caps and the spider gears at the same time.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #13
From the 7.5's I've seen granaded the spider gears are the weakest link.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 T-Bird turbo'd and supercharged and if things call for it juiced. :evilgrin:
88 Turbocoupe t3, 4.10's, Daily driver

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #14
Quote from: quicksilver;167486
the gear is also made for a V6.

There is no differance, It will break no matter what you do to it the 7.5 is weak,save your money and buy an 8.8.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication