Skip to main content
Topic: strongest 7.5 LSD? (Read 7645 times) previous topic - next topic

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #30
You can change it.4 bolts,the nuts for the shocks,disconnect the brake lines,release the parking brake lines,out it comes.Reverse the process to install it.with a buddy,you should be able to change it in an hour or so.Get two jack stands,and a hydraulic jack.After I removed the rear,I put the tires on it to roll it where I needed it.

Be patient and keep looking and you'll eventually find a great deal.The standard fee for a TC rear around here is $150.00 to $200.00.Not too bad.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #31
If you find one I will put it in for you for $200 plus any parts you might need, like brakes.  You can help me and learn, I have a hoist and shop so we don't have to crawl around in the driveway.  Don't really know what we would do about the speedo if different gear ratio, have to buy a gear from Ford but you can only go so far one way or the other.

What year do you have?  Switching to 4wd brakes could cause other problems.  I think a Mustang rear would be about 1" narrower for each side but I don't think this is a problem.  Chuck will tell me to look this up under search.

TED
Olympia, 360-943-7604

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #32
Quote from: vinnietbird;167811
You can change it.4 bolts,the nuts for the shocks,disconnect the brake lines,release the parking brake lines,out it comes.Reverse the process to install it.with a buddy,you should be able to change it in an hour or so.Get two jack stands,and a hydraulic jack.After I removed the rear,I put the tires on it to roll it where I needed it.

Be patient and keep looking and you'll eventually find a great deal.The standard fee for a TC rear around here is $150.00 to $200.00.Not too bad.

Thanks for reiterating that for me vinnie...lol.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #33
hey Ted, thanks, when i find a rear end, you'll be the first person i let know! i'll look down there for a rear end. my cousin lives that way so he could help me look around for one. do TC rear ends come with a posi?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #34
Quote from: quicksilver;167839
h. do TC rear ends come with a posi?

Posi is a GM term... Yes all '87-'88 TCs have a 8.8 Traction Lock... The 86-earlier are 7.5"

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #35
ok, thanks for letting me know! i'll check craigs list and see what they have
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #36
hey, i found a rear end!! $75!! out of a 93 cobra. but i cant contact the guy!! i dont know how!!!

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #37
Quote from: quicksilver;167843
hey, i found a rear end!! $75!! out of a 93 cobra. but i cant contact the guy!! i dont know how!!!

hope you have different offset wheels to throw on. mustang rears  are narrower then birds
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #38
Hey,I know what it takes to make it fit the T-Bird (width).Easy to do with a few parts..Right Chuck?LOL.For $75.00,make sure it is what thet say it is.That's really cheap.On the other hand,I got mine for $66.00.I did ask a lot of questions.Good luck contacting the guy.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #39
ted. i sent you the page that i found the rear end on.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #40
does anybody know how to contact through craigslist?!?!

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #41
Also look for a Couger 8.8. This will make an easy change so you don't have to do a disk brake swap. Though, you won't have 3.73 gears, only 2.73.
So you have a V8.......isn't that cute.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #42
well 3.08 trac loc if u find an XR-7 or one with a towing package, not positive on the tow one tho
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #43
oo im going to by 4.10 gears for it anyways.

strongest 7.5 LSD?

Reply #44
'93 cobra rear is virtually the same as a TC rear.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast