Skip to main content
Topic: What my first car looked like-wat was yurs (Read 6189 times) previous topic - next topic

What my first car looked like-wat was yurs

Reply #15
First car was the Cougar. First car I purchased was my ex Daily, now little brothers 2003 Ford Escape 4x4. Yellow little SUV that I paid $2700 from a lease company. Cougar was an inheritance from my deceased Uncle.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
Quote from: yellow86coogr;152047
Nice Torino's guys, very nice. I tried talking my dad into a 69' Camaro RS. Guess he just new better. Lucky dogs. ROOOOOOF!!!

Your dad let you have a car?

Lucky dog! Dident get mine until after I moved out on my own, my father wouldent allow it.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #17
I wasn't allowed to get my license till TWO WEEKS before I started college.  I had turned 18 2 weeks before hand, and had a [shiznitty] job for about 5 months already.

Reply #18
When i First bought my car 4 years ago.

1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #19
My 1st car was a 86' T-bird.  It just went to the junkyard this past winter becasue of Major rust damage.  My 2nd car is the 87' Cougar, in my sig.

Reply #20

my first car was identical, and just as clean looking. only one small cigarette burn in the p/s seat. i got rear-ended by a guy in a dodge 2500 pulling a bulldozer and nearly got run straight over and/or pushed into the path of an incoming semi truck. :( i should scan the pics one day.
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #22
my first was a truck:the first is not mine, but really close
 and today, 17 years later
1987 TC

Reply #23
My first car waiting for some TLC, which will be coming soon hopefully:

Fairly early pic, after sitting a couple years in the backyard.

Uncle had a friend that had it sitting in his apartment parking lot for about 3 years, And parents got it from him for me at the cost of towing it about 3 miles home. :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #24
Here's my baby, my '79 Monte Carlo. We've been together for 10 years now, her looks have gone down hill but her performance keeps getting better. Started out life with a bonestock 267 v8,slipping trans, and pegleg 2.29 gears. Now has a rebuilt 350 pulled from a '74 police interceptor Caprice, TH350 w/2000rpm stall and very soon 3.73 posi. It's gone from a 20.xx to a 15.6 quarter mile despite still having the stock 2.29 gear ratio. This car has gone to hell and back again with me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything on earth

79 Monte Carlo Landau--350/TH350 2K stall, 7.5 posi/3.73's...built with other people's "junk"
87 Thunderbird LX--3.8/AOD: stock DD:down and out with a blown motor (sucky esshag engines)
69 Impala 4dr Hardtop--327/glide: stock, parked and left for dead
84 Thunderbird LX--new project: donating it's engine to the 87 and then getting a v8 of a different kind???

Reply #25
'76 Camaro Type LT with a 305.
My grandfather bought it new for my aunt as her first car. When she bought her '80 Trans Am, she gave the Camaro back to my grandfather who in turn passed it over to my sister 13 years later when she turned 16 in '93. My sister then passed it over to me to fix up as my first car but with the lack of funding and time, the project fell through. I never really got to drive it although I had a million memories with it and it was my first real car.

This picture was taken the day the new owner came to pick it up last summer.

Reply #26
Quote from: yellow86coogr;151969

"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #27
This turned out better than I thought. Sweet pics, links & etc.

Yes my dad had no idea about my dark side......hehe. My first wife use to say that when i was behind the wheel of a car that I would loose my salvation. I'm very passive by nature, generaly anyway, but behind the wheel of a car, that changes. VERY aggresive.  :evilgrin: But that was over 25 years ago.

Reply #28
Quote from: 87BlueBird;152179
Here's my baby, my '79 Monte Carlo.

Love it 87BlueBird
Had one myself Black with Gold pinstripes and the gold keystone classic mags.

I like to rate my cars by dollars per mile I get from them... My 79 Monti was the best I ever had
Paid $1200 for it from a dealership I used to work at
I got 250,000 and never did a thing to that 267 but rebuilt heads becouse I got them for $40. at a swap meet then did cam and chain at the same time.
350000 on that bottom end when I let it go

$1200 / 250000 = .0048 cents a mile to drive that car

I don't count the heads cam or chain as I wright that off as maintence it needs, like oil, tires, ect. Stuff all cars need.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #29
Quote from: thunderjet302;152031
1987 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.6L Mitsu I4 that made all of 102 hp. The slowest car ever. It's top speed was 75 mph. It literaly wouldn't go any faster. Blew up the engine after a 2 hour highway trip to vistit my buddy down at U of I.
My parents bought one of those brand new - theirs was an '84, and it spent more time in the shop than it did in our driveway. It was such a POS that my father traded it in on a new Cherokee 9 months later. I'll always remember the first time he opened the hood and saw the engine in there sideways...

Quote from: 87BlueBird;152179
Here's my baby, my '79 Monte Carlo. We've been together for 10 years now, her looks have gone down hill but her performance keeps getting better. Started out life with a bonestock 267 v8,slipping trans, and pegleg 2.29 gears. Now has a rebuilt 350 pulled from a '74 police interceptor Caprice, TH350 w/2000rpm stall and very soon 3.73 posi. It's gone from a 20.xx to a 15.6 quarter mile despite still having the stock 2.29 gear ratio. This car has gone to hell and back again with me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything on earth
You're lucky to have hung onto your first car. I miss my Bertha terribly, and now, given the cost of second-gen F-bodies it will cost a fortune to replace her (I say "will" because I will do it some day). There's a mint '79 Monte just up the road from me, metallic brown. I've always loved that style. For the record, a sequencer will work in it :deal:

Quote from: Jim_Miller;152407
Love it 87BlueBird
Had one myself Black with Gold pinstripes and the gold keystone classic mags.

I like to rate my cars by dollars per mile I get from them... My 79 Monti was the best I ever had
Paid $1200 for it from a dealership I used to work at
I got 250,000 and never did a thing to that 267 but rebuilt heads becouse I got them for $40. at a swap meet then did cam and chain at the same time.
350000 on that bottom end when I let it go

$1200 / 250000 = .0048 cents a mile to drive that car

I don't count the heads cam or chain as I wright that off as maintence it needs, like oil, tires, ect. Stuff all cars need.

On a dollars to mile basis I was actually paid to drive my first car. I bought it for six hundred, put about forty dollars worth of maintenance into it over two years, then sold it for $1700.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣