Skip to main content
Topic: What my first car looked like-wat was yurs (Read 6289 times) previous topic - next topic

What my first car looked like-wat was yurs

Eric got me thinking about my 1st car. I know we have done this before, but hey, I'm old and ...............I'm old. nuff said.

This is pretty close. 1968 Plymouth fury III Two Door Coupe. They only made this body as is for one year for some reason. 67' had a different tailend, and the 69 was allot different. I had a stock 318, but my exterior color was a Metallic sky blue. It was a pretty color. If these are worth what they are asking for some of these, I know our Cats n Birds will one day bring this value also. Trust me, almost no one except a mopar guy, and only a few of them, knows that there is a  difference between a 67' & a 68'. I'm not sure if it was some kind of option or what, but mine actually had a 3 speed wiper motor......not adjustable, it actually had 3 different speed settings. Never seen that before or since. Mine was in perfect shape when my dad bought it for me at $500.00. Then, well.......I was a teenager, what do you think happened. I think the 1st damage to the car was when my foster brother road about 6 or 7 miles down a partly twisty road on, yes, on the hood of my car. He tore off my antena trying to hold on. When we pulled into McDonalds, we saw the police inside just before they saw us. They saw him get off the hood, and we told them he just jumped on. WHEW! They believed us, but that was way too close, and 25 years ago. I'm rambling like an old man, so i hope someone enjoys this. If not, I did anyway.:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautiful-Blue-95-Restored-1968-Plymouth-Fury-III_W0QQitemZ280120157419QQihZ018QQcategoryZ6411QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply #1
This is my first car.  Still regret the day I sent it to the JY but it had irreparable damage.

Reply #2
mine was similar to this one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #3
But white with the ECVT.

Reply #4
Mine was almost exactly like this, including the py black paint. I had the "honeycomb" polycast wheels, though. *EDIT* Upon looking closer at this pic, this car looks more and more like ol' Bertha - it's even missing the front ground effects, just like mine was
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #5
1978 OLDSMOBILE REGENCY 98 2 DOOR.

Picture the below car in white with a blue landau top (not tan).  Had the Olds 350 as well.  Needed a cam when I bought it so my uncle and myself threw a hi perfomance one in.  Nothing nuts just an Edelbrock that was slightly better than stock.  We also threw in a radiator from a Caddy with a 500 Cubic inch motor.  The car ran about 20* colder after that.
  I had planned to put some duals on it and paint it real good (The rear quarters had some surface rust when I got it and I sanded 'em down and rattle canned 'em.  The rest of the paint was immaculate as was the landau top.  I spun a bearing on it about 9 months after throwing the cam in.  At that point the parents were looking to find a home for the Red '87 V6 Cougar.  The rest is history!:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
This was my first.  1985 3.8L Cougar.  I did alot of motor tranny and diff swaps in this thing over the years.  Still got it, and am SLOWLY doing a restoration on it.

Reply #7
This is my first car. I still have it just waiting for the time/money to restore it.

Reply #8
I'm going to join the ranks with Sleeper T-Bird87 as my first was a 70 Torino GT 429.
Actually had a 70 Torino wagon for one day that I got for stacking a cord of wood. I traded it the day after I got it to the lady that had the Torino.
Story goes her ex-husband bought the GT new, She got it in the Divorce, then She got a Boyfriend that ran it off the road bending the front tie rods and other steering gear, then left her with 2 kids and a broken car. The wagon ran and drove so she asked me to trade.
New steering and a front end alignment and it was on the road. That 429 was one rocken engine 120 and pulling and it just wanted to go even faster.

Ended up with 3 of them the first was the Black 429 Auto. Next was a Blue 70 that had a lot of special options
351w, 4speed top loader, 9” Locker, Factory Tach, Rear Defrost, Hideaway Headlights, Laser Stripes, Buckets, console. This was my pride and joy, Flawless and got it for $700 on payments

Third was a Grabber Orange 70 Torino Cobra… this was the 429 that exploded in my buddy’s face from Fuel in the crankcase.

Heres a link to check out what the hideaways looked like
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #9
My first car. Got it in early August 2005. After months of Ebay heartache, I gave all of my Graduation money to my Parents and told them to find me whatever they could. I needed transportation badly. Can't look for work without a car! So, late one afternoon while in my bedroom, I see a flash of blue light streak past the blinds on my window. I peer out and see this:

87 Base model. V6 engine, Manual Windows, no Power ANYTHING but Mirrors. But hey, the A/C blew Ice Cold and it ran.
<---One must always remember to Remain cool, calm and collected when dealing with your fellow man, especially on the Internet....
-DMC24guy
[/SIZE]

Reply #10

Looked like this.
1987 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.6L Mitsu I4 that made all of 102 hp. The slowest car ever. It's top speed was 75 mph. It literaly wouldn't go any faster. Blew up the engine after a 2 hour highway trip to vistit my buddy down at U of I.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
This is my first car...you all might recognize it ;)

Reply #12
My first is... you guessed it, the Fila

Reply #13
That blue is nice!

Reply #14
Nice Torino's guys, very nice. I tried talking my dad into a 69' Camaro RS. Guess he just new better. Lucky dogs. ROOOOOOF!!!